• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Wis Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Act

trukhead

I phoned Rep. Suder and Knodl office today and sent them this eemail as well:

I STRONGLY SUPPORT SB-462/AB-580. It is a small, non-controversial bill which was passed unanimously by the Senate. It is supported by Rep. Petrowski and DOT-approved. I want you to do whatever it takes to secure a vote in the Assembly on this bill before the session ends this week.
So In my words please bring this bill (SB-462 / AB-580) to the floor for a vote before this week before the session is adjourned.

Thankyou,

Name
address
phone number

Lady that answered phone in Rep Suders office said SB-462 / AB-580 is scheduled for friday. :popcorn:

1943ht

Vote will occure for passage on this bill within the next 24-36 hours .. We have a 75% solution with this bill with the other 25% being negotiable with WI-DOT. The bill as it is currently shaped gives registration status to any MV produced before 1968 ,.. you can register it as a MV Vehicle (MV Plate) as a daily Driver or if I understand correctly a collector vehicle .. Huge win as we were forced before to register any MV as as strictly a MV class vehicle with all the restriction. The remaining issue to be resolved (And yes it looks like it is on track to be settled ) is registration for all MV vehicles newer that 1968 .. again the same issue .. can only be currently registered as a MV vehicle only with all the restrictions .. instead of the same choice, Daily Driver, Collector etc ..The ace in the hole is the fact that WI-DOT has lost every case in court regards registering these vehicles .. Hopefully and I do mean hopefully that fact is not lost on the legislature or WI-DOT .. by the way when these cases are lost in court .. WI-DOt (The State of WI) pays the cost of the suit to include legal costs .. It is in the end just a plain application of common sense and the path for us to get back to where we were before this all started in 09. Every MV owner in WI owes a debt of gratitude to Paul, Tom and a few others who have taken this fight to the legislation.

//R//
Mark

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Vote will occure for passage on this bill within the next 24-36 hours .. We have a 75% solution with this bill with the other 25% being negotiable with WI-DOT. The bill as it is currently shaped gives registration status to any MV produced before 1968 ,.. you can register it as a MV Vehicle (MV Plate) as a daily Driver or if I understand correctly a collector vehicle .. Huge win as we were forced before to register any MV as as strictly a MV class vehicle with all the restriction. The remaining issue to be resolved (And yes it looks like it is on track to be settled ) is registration for all MV vehicles newer that 1968 .. again the same issue .. can only be currently registered as a MV vehicle only with all the restrictions .. instead of the same choice, Daily Driver, Collector etc ..The ace in the hole is the fact that WI-DOT has lost every case in court regards registering these vehicles .. Hopefully and I do mean hopefully that fact is not lost on the legislature or WI-DOT .. by the way when these cases are lost in court .. WI-DOt (The State of WI) pays the cost of the suit to include legal costs .. It is in the end just a plain application of common sense and the path for us to get back to where we were before this all started in 09. Every MV owner in WI owes a debt of gratitude to Paul, Tom and a few others who have taken this fight to the legislation.

//R//
Mark
Not to take anything from anyone, just wonder how much "SUCK" was provided by a Combat Veteran Lieutanant Colonel in uniform testifying?:roll:

1943ht

PB, I played a very small role in the process .. but I would like to believe that my appearance, expertise and support of Tom and Paul's Herculean efforts put a unique face on who we are as MV collectors and owners.. Besides you know me, I have a tendency to put my money where my mouth is :)

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, I played a very small role in the process .. but I would like to believe that my appearance, expertise and support of Tom and Paul's Herculean efforts put a unique face on who we are as MV collectors and owners.. Besides you know me, I have a tendency to put my money where my mouth is :)
Well...I say ya done good troops!:grin:

For whatever it means from the CAMO IFS!

vtwinpilot

Regardless of outcome, well done on the effort's. Since it has been considerable taxpayer resources wasted by this agency on defending their personal property fraud. I really feel that Gov. Walker needs to be asked to force an audit of the conduct, ethics and fiscal buffoonery that certain individuals in this agency have performed. Here's hoping they can pack their carpetbags off to Kalifornia where that type of braindead sense thrives.

undysworld

I keep waiting to hear some good news..
I believe they did not get to this bill. I'm awaiting confirmation from legislators, but that may not happen until Mon.

If this is true, then Wisconsin DOT is in for another busy summer in Appeal court, I'm afraid. What a colossal waste of taxpayer's money!

silence before a storm ?
I know that wasn't how you meant it, but yeah, a storm's brewin'.

Can you say "Occupy WisDOT"?

Stay Tuned...

Just in, and I'm not too sure what this means yet:
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/sb462
The bill was "concurred in" by the Assembly.

Last edited:

undysworld

It definitely was concurred in. Word from a local atty. here, is that this means the bill is now off to the Gov. for him to sign into law. One more signature, and the majority of former military vehicles will be restored to Wis. roadways!

Good Work to all of you who have helped accomplish this!

undysworld

Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Bill SB-462 / AB-580

UPDATE

SUCCESS IN THE LEGISLATURE!

The Wisconsin legislature passed the repeal of 341.10(6m) on Friday.
It now just needs Gov. Walker's signature to become LAW.

This will restore regular registration for all 1969 and older ex military vehicles.

WHAT IS NEXT?

We are now in the process of arranging a meeting with DOT to discuss the other issues that you expressed support for.
We will address:

The list of items that are to be considered as modification by the DMV when processing Collector Plate applications.

The requirement that the manufacturer certification label remain intact 341.10(6). We hope that DOT will make an interim policy change as we cannot amend this statute until the next session.

URGENT ACTION NEEDED NOW!

Contact Gov. Walker and ask him to Sign this Bill into LAW.
E-Mail him at: govgeneral@wisconsin.gov
Call him at: (608) 266-1212

WE ARE WINNING

We have widespread support in the Legislature.

The changes you are helping to make will protect our cars and maintain the hobby for future generations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks