• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Rally Parts Thread

jbingvtx

I have a used force4 amber light bar with rotators and flashers for $60 and I have a Federal Signal Streethawk with rotators, flashers, alley, intersection sweeps, and take down lights. Streethawk has new domes and used lower lenses for $350.

CW3Topher

I have a 16x16 temper tent new in the crate with a very good used military frame that I will be bringing to Haspin to sell. Asking $1000.00. This is last one of tents that I bough and was keeping for myself, but need to sell to fund a new project.

Augdog1964

I still have two 15kw 400hz gens on trailers, with really low hours.... excellent condition.
For parts, engines, trailers, tires, etc. they are incredible. 400hz for running lights is great too.

$1500 for the pair... I've had no less than two SS members say they were taking them,
only to never hear back or complete the deal... so I'd like to have them go.

Durango_USMC

I still have two 15kw 400hz gens on trailers, with really low hours.... excellent condition.
For parts, engines, trailers, tires, etc. they are incredible. 400hz for running lights is great too.

$1500 for the pair... I've had no less than two SS members say they were taking them,
only to never hear back or complete the deal... so I'd like to have them go.
I'm going to PM you with a couple questions sir.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

For Sale:
DECONTAMINATING APPARATUS: POWER-DRIVEN, PORTABLE.

It is basically a water heater with pressurized delivery. The water pressure and temperature are adjustable. From briefly reading the manual, it appears that the highest pressure setting is 100 psi. As with any military equipment, it is heavy duty throughout. It weighs about 360 ilbs.

It has a two-cycle gas engine that powers the pump and fan. The motor does turn with the pull rope. The water heater is multi-fuel fired.

The base unit appears to be complete except for a missing water pump belt. There is a vinyl cover included (not shown ).
There are no accessories (hoses, wands, nozzles, etc.)

I got this on trade and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet or check starting / operation.

Asking $475.

View attachment TM-3-4230-218-12-and-P.pdf1.jpg

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will bring the stencil machine to the rally. I will produce custom stencils (with 1” tall letters) on-site at your request.
102_1198 (Custom).jpg102_1197 (Custom).jpg

I use stencil board stock that is 6 ½” x 20”. This will allow up to four lines of text with 22 characters per line. Characters that are available are: Letters A-Z, numbers 0-9, period (.), comma(,) apostrophe(‘), slash (/), dash (-), and ampersand (&). See example below.
grid form example.jpg

I can do the standard stuff such as "TP 50" or "CHECK BATTERIES DAILY", but can also do specialized stencils such as your screenname "SGT. ROCK", or your truck number "D-22". The truck number example is great for identifying your pioneer tool handles, chock blocks, tool boxes, fuel/water/ammo cans, etc. (The TM specifies 1” tall lettering for most of the instructional information on vehicles and equipment – so this is the correct size for restorations)
stencils (Custom).jpg

Here is a blank form to plan your stencil. Print a copy (or two) at home right now. Then go look at your truck(s) and figure out what stencils you need. Fill out the form and bring it to the rally.
Click here for a simple .jpg picture version ->
grid form blank.jpg

Click here for the MicroSoft Word version -> Stencil Matrix Form 22x4.doc

These stencils are cut on industrial oilboard. They are easy to use and reusable. The oil board can be cut with scissors or utility knife. You can hold the stencil to the desired surface, tape them, temporarily affix with spray glue, or use magnets to secure them. Then lightly apply your chosen color of spray paint.

The pricing is very simple and very reasonable:
Fill up the 4 lines for just $10 !

(Lastly, I shouldn’t have to say this, but . . . I will not do any words or phrases that would generally be considered offensive, or would portray our hobby in a negative light. I know the majority of us are respectful, but there always is a chance for one bad apple. Please keep it proper.)

[thumbzup]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Items I will be bringing to sell at the rally:

5-ton mud flaps and brackets
deuce/5-ton softtop frame
bunch of storage boxes, various shapes,
some vehicle and trailer manuals

I also have some halftrack parts, I will only bring them if someone requests them in advance.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For Sale or trade -Really nice hood with a really big Dent. The previous owner mounted this hood to the truck, but not latched to grille. A strong wind lifted it and smacked it into the windshield frame (probably repeatedly). Also has Two tiny little cracks at front lip. Otherwise this hood is perfect. Might be good for a custom project if you are going to cut it up. Hinges/ latch / holddowns/ hardware not included.

$10

106_1134.jpg @106_1135.jpg106_1133.jpg106_1132.jpg

I also have several hood side panels - right and left. Fair condition. Straight, but need paint. $2 each

I won't bring these unless requested, so let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

augiedoggy

Items I will be bringing to sell at the rally:

5-ton mud flaps and brackets
deuce/5-ton softtop frame
bunch of storage boxes, various shapes,
some vehicle and trailer manuals

I also have some halftrack parts, I will only bring them if someone requests them in advance.
What are you getting for the 5 ton mudflaps and brackets?

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BFG Tires and fuel drum w/ pump

I have a set of 315/75R16 BFG All Terrains (approx 35 x 12.50 r 16) mounted on aluminum 8-lug wheels. I had them on my M1028 for a while and the backspacing on the wheels was good. The tires have a decent amount of dry-rot cracking but have great tread and all hold air good. Only $350 for the set.

I also have a 55 gallon oil drum with hand-crank pump I can bring if someone is interested. It was used to dispense new oil and then I used it to move some diesel. The pump was only used once (works great, really easy to pump). $50 for the pair (drum + pump).

Pics should be attached of the tires and drum pump. If you want to see the drum I can get a picture of that later (clean drum, not rusty or anything). I should be arriving to the rally Friday morning. May trade, specifically looking for a CUCV tow bar or fiberglass slats to finish rebuilding the troop seats on my M1028. Will consider most trades...

Thanks,

Shrapnel

IMG_0078[1].jpgIMG_0080[1].jpgIMG_0082[1].jpgIMG_0084[1].jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks