• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

chaplain161

I'll be underway in the morning (sometime) and should arrive in the early afternoon. Anybody know if US 52 is clear from Indy to Laurel? I think that's the way I'm going to go.
US 52 is closed at Rushville (West side of town). You can take US 52 to Arlington, IN and make a right (South) at the flashing yellow light. This road will take you to Homer and SR.44. Take a left on SR. 44, and this will take you into Rushville. I rode this route a few weeks ago to make sure there wasn't any weight restrictions. SR.44 is closed West of Manila.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grief folks. It's Friday already. You guys are 3 days into the original Steel Soldiers Rally and we've gotten didly for pics. Not one person has a smart phone? Lets see something please.

gungearz

Good grief folks. It's Friday already. You guys are 3 days into the original Steel Soldiers Rally and we've gotten didly for pics. Not one person has a smart phone? Lets see something please.
I don't think they make anything else but smartphones anymore... nothing much going besides everyone chilling at their campgrounds these past few days.. dinner will start being prepared at 13:00 and hope to be served at or before 18:00... hopefully we can get some pics by then...

RobPerdue

As much as the wife and I want to come, we are slammed this weekend we'll into next week. I even pulled my canopy and troop seats and fixed my canvas cab top in preps for Haspin, but realisticly can't take the time to come play.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Smokes. Just checked weatherbug. It's showing 47° in Laurel IN. That's got to be a record in June. Starting to really dig global warming. Maybe I can do a Haspin Rally one day.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only one ER trip.
One rock ledge incident that ended up taking out a MF engine.
One that busted rivets off Deuce front shackle.

Nope, none of it me. Me, I am sitting in Richmond, IN waiting on a tow truck because front wheel bearing went out. Limped to the closest Wal-Mart and camped in lot. Ate, showered and called AAA. ..... it's rough bringing a camping trailer. The cat and I are fine.

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "winged" Dodge with camper.

Evidently Dodge has a problem front wheel bearings...........4th one on that side.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we too are down MM10 southbound I75 in KY. John's pass side m105 wheel locked up. Looks like brake parts came apart and locked the wheel up. Will advise when rolling again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we too are down MM10 southbound I75 in KY. John's pass side m105 wheel locked up. Looks like brake parts came apart and locked the wheel up. Will advise when rolling again.
Are you going to dump the parts out of the drum and carry on? Cumberland Gap area. At least it's a beautiful area to look at!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks