• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Aberdeen and Findlay shows -SAME DAYS!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I roll into Aberdeen on Wed noonish.. Lots of "vendor on vendor" deals to be had at Aberdeen in the past that day. By Saturday, things are pretty picked over for whatever public shows up.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, I've heard enough. Will look into a flight. Hopefully the Buckeye contingent will provide me with necessary lodging supplies for the event.
Or get to SC and ride along with me and EMD

Phil you are of course invited to ride as well. Thats what I get posting in a thread I opened days ago but haven't refreashed...

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, I've heard enough. Will look into a flight. Hopefully the Buckeye contingent will provide me with necessary lodging supplies for the event.
It's a shame you want to fly, when all you have to do is make it to either my place or Adams, and the rest of the way you can listen to EMD AND FERRO show, on the road.........

And Phil can come tooooooooooo

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I roll into Aberdeen on Wed noonish.. Lots of "vendor on vendor" deals to be had at Aberdeen in the past that day. By Saturday, things are pretty picked over for whatever public shows up.
By no means can you not get deals later on. I've gotten deals on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and in one case even Sunday before I rolled out. Some guys mark stuff down later in the show because they don't want to take stuff home, especially the heavier stuff. Plus the auction on Friday afternoon is always fun and I've gotten some cool things there for a song.

Jakelc15

By no means can you not get deals later on. I've gotten deals on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and in one case even Sunday before I rolled out. Some guys mark stuff down later in the show because they don't want to take stuff home, especially the heavier stuff. Plus the auction on Friday afternoon is always fun and I've gotten some cool things there for a song.
I got a good deal on a heavy tow bar from Mike on Sunday a few years ago. Nobody wants to drag the heavy stuff home.
That weekend is my oldest sons birthday so I don't make it there usually. But it's fun to camp out and bs with everyone.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It's a shame you want to fly, when all you have to do is make it to either my place or Adams, and the rest of the way you can listen to EMD AND FERRO show, on the road.........

And Phil can come tooooooooooo
Sounds like your trying to talk him INTO flying, if you ask me...

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will be there with the MD guys who just like seeing each other. I rarely sell anything and am not into this to make money. If fact this costs me. I am part of the Blue/Gray and do pass on my comments and suggestions when I can make meetings. I expect a smaller show and can live with that since having a beer or two with the MD crew is why I go.

kipman

I may need to bring my second 16 by 16 tent. Kenny let me know if you are showing up. The Findlay show seems to be growing. They treat their vendors like family.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you could fly to Columbia, and hitch a ride. I bet that while the dodge may not go as fast as the airplane, the seats are a lot more comfy, the dodge stops when you want to eat or pee, and you will be in stitches by the time we get to Findley.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or hanging from the neck. Still contemplating my options. I could drive my Orange Crate up really cheap but I'm trying to reduce transit times.

phil2968

From the flight times I saw one direction was quick but the other was slow. I think overall it would work out about the same. I'll pay half the fuel cost anyway. Plus I'll drive and you can ride and moderate the forum!

Jayco36REQS

I plan to be there to do some sales for sure!

I'm not sure I will drive the Beast (M923A1) up, or toss everything in my dually/trailer. It will depend on:
1) If I get the turbo and passenger air-seat installed
2) If I get a house before then
3) Fuel prices!!!!! rofl

rickf

Aberdeen, 90 miles. Findlay, 575 miles. Just can't justify it. Next year it will probably be Sussex in the spring and Gilbert in the fall. I already paid for this year at Aberdeen since I wanted to be sure I got the same spots as last year with Cabel and his crowd.

CGarbee

I had already payed for my spots at Aberdeen when I learned of the schedule conflict.
I have never been to Findlay...but have been thinking of it for some time (I can retire in four years...)...
Findlay is 576 miles according to the shortest route that Google gives me, Aberdeen is 349 miles by the shortest route by Google (the way that I go...).
So, I'll be at Aberdeen again this year (stop by my location on Friday, I'm cooking supper - Eastern NC BBQ).
Not sure what I'll be selling or buying. I don't have much to sell and I don't need much so it is more of a social event.
Hate that I am going to miss seeing a bunch of folks who I know will be at Findlay, but I am looking forward to seeing the ones that show up at Aberdeen.

You should all come to my Godparent's place in Virginia for the Labor Day Weekend for the Virginia Rally. That way, I can visit with you all... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks