• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2020 TX MV Rally at the Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch

TAZZJR

I’ve never been, but would like to. Is this a family friendly event? I may bring my 11 year old son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I plan to bring my kid sister this year. She isn't much older than your son. At the very least that is one person his age that he will be able to hangout with.

richingalveston

I am still planning on making the rally, but work is getting in the way again. I have a lot to do to get the roof rack done so the truck can get on the road. I will have march 7 to the 12th open to finish the truck for the rally, all other days are taken up by my work schedule.
I think I can get it done.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a rat had gotten into my AF van and chewed some wires in the wiring harness. I can see the damage, but don't know if I can reach and repair it without taking off the left front quarter panel. I may have to bring my F250 and a military trailer, but I will be there.

Nitrodiver

I posted early on in this thread. I don’t see it, not sure why but here goes again...

I plan to be there if I get things done to the Deuce (that I haven’t had time to do) I’ll be there Friday. If not I’ll have to drive something else and meet at the ranch sat morning for the convoy and just make a day of it.

@keithj looking forward to some of that brisket 👍

@Firehound bring em. If we don’t burn them there we can throw them in my truck and I’ll burn em at home. I’m forever burning stuff anyway.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this LDS-465-1A engine/trans combo that I can bring with if anyone is interested ($500) - see classifieds. I'm bringing down various other large parts of members already.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have HMMWV 2 man configuration rear troop seat sets, wood or fiberglass, can deliver to rally. PM if interested, free.

richingalveston

I have had to work and not had any time to get my roof rack completed. It does not look like I will be making the rally. not sure if the rally is still going to happen with all the large gatherings being canceled.

Barrman

A&M has cancelled all events and gatherings of more than 50 people for the rest of the semester. Online classes only for now.

The museum website still says the living history weekend is a go. However, with the way things are falling. This might fall too. If that happens, I think we should call of our gathering as well. Some of us are getting up into the most effected age brackets or close to them.

If that all comes to pass. Will you be out anything with the off road ranch Lincoln that we as a group could pitch in to cover?

I hope I am wrong and we get to gather in 2 weeks. Just thinking of our options.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent Mullins just cancelled his event at the Museum of the American GI. :(
That word is direct from him, their website is not yet updated.

Muster Day on Camp Mabry is "postponed until later in the year, date to be determined".

Cheers

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd hate to agree but if the Museum is calling it then we should postpone..maybe have a fall rally this year? *cough cough* I mean no.. do what the Army does and have some acetaminophen and water. Walk it off. You're fine. :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks