• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

46" Tires Performance

renovate7

I just bought some 90% plus 14.5R20XL's from Berg tire in NC. Do a search on Ebay, he does all his pricing/selling thru his Ebay store. He starts at $600 for 7 with a buy it now of $700. Call him on the phone, he wants to sell tires. He also has many other sizes.

number9

volver

Installed my 395/85R20s on stock rims. Was a breeze just took time and back strenght. Larger wheels means larger final drive. So as expected it accelerates and decelerates slower. Ride is better. The tires suck up all the little bumps. Also the old NDTs were not balanced so the truck shook over 40. I balanced the 395s with a pound of anitfreeze in each tube. Its smooth now up to 55.

I was wondering if anyone resolved the issue with the truck being squirly at highway speed? Do the tires need to wear in? Does my tire pressure need to be adjusted? I am running 55psi in front and 50psi in the back. Whats everyone else running? How many miles can you get out of Michilen XLM 395/85r20s?

Last edited:

72doosey

If empty run the rear at 15 to 20psi less than the front.

All the weight is on the front tires pretty much, so the rears will get bouncy and wonder if they have too much in them.
Of course add air when u have a load on the back. Mine with 15.5s rides good with 50-55 psi front and 35-40 psi rear empty.

welldigger

If empty run the rear at 15 to 20psi less than the front.

All the weight is on the front tires pretty much, so the rears will get bouncy and wonder if they have too much in them.
Of course add air when u have a load on the back. Mine with 15.5s rides good with 50-55 psi front and 35-40 psi rear empty.
If you don't mind me asking, where in LA are you from?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run 35-40 in the front and 20-25 in the rears. I do have widened deuce wheels in the front though. No balance, no antifreeze, no squirrely, only a little bouncy between 40 and 45 mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks