• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52' M35A2C bobbed build thread

.::M::.

Thanks, as you know its much needed ha!

I am trying to source a pair of front springs/hardware for the bob-job but having trouble finding anyone with a spare set..only missing those to get the job done

asgtoolman

Thanks, as you know its much needed ha!

I am trying to source a pair of front springs/hardware for the bob-job but having trouble finding anyone with a spare set..only missing those to get the job done
Scott [tie6044] listed exactly what you need today on this site; he is in MN though, so don't know about shipping costs to you.
Use classified ads---- search----"bob kit"

Last edited:

DFD2010-A

Sorry it's been a while, life has been busy. Managed to get out today and get my new pyrometer installed. Also a few pics of the turbo swap took out the "D" and put in a "C", nothing better than that whistle! Managed to hit just over 1300* on an uphill pull in 4th....looks like no need to turn up the fuel :driver:

EDIT------
Oh yeah, FYI I do have a D turbo for sale now. If anyone is in need.

Attachments

Last edited:

sandfarmer

Could you give me the comparison from the D to the C? I have always said I'd have to have the whistler from hearing them on the road, then today I spoke for a deuce with a whistler and the guy told me to bring ear plugs when I come get it. :lol: Hope I can stand it from the inside as much as I like it from the outside!

DFD2010-A

@sandfarmer, don't listen to Gimp he's a grouchy old man! Honestly I love the whistler, but this is also coming from the kid that had a Cummins and took the silencer ring and modified his intake just to make it louder :D. I don't think the sound is too bad for short trips, today I had her to 55 mph and it sounded great....however I could see it getting annoying after 3-4 hours. There's a rumor that the "C" turbo kills power on your truck but I haven't noticed any difference on my rig...I probably do have a biased opinion since I voluntarily switched to a "C" but I have no intentions on switching back. If you can't take it I have my old "D" in the garage [thumbzup]

DFD2010-A

Thanks! I actually used plain ol' rattle cans, Rustoleum dark taupe. If I did it all over again I would have bought the paint in gallon form and rented one of the airless spray guns, would have been much quicker and less coats to cover everything. I wouldn't say it was too hard yet my rig is by no means a show truck so I wasn't seeking perfection.

sandfarmer

@sandfarmer, don't listen to Gimp he's a grouchy old man! Honestly I love the whistler, but this is also coming from the kid that had a Cummins and took the silencer ring and modified his intake just to make it louder :D. I don't think the sound is too bad for short trips, today I had her to 55 mph and it sounded great....however I could see it getting annoying after 3-4 hours. There's a rumor that the "C" turbo kills power on your truck but I haven't noticed any difference on my rig...I probably do have a biased opinion since I voluntarily switched to a "C" but I have no intentions on switching back. If you can't take it I have my old "D" in the garage [thumbzup]
LOL, no problem I understand the need for sound! I've outgrown it a little now but have a weak spot for the good sound of a turbo, 3-4 hour drive home but probably the longest trek I'd ever do in it. We shall see I guess...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks