• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52' M35A2C bobbed build thread

.::M::.

Thanks, as you know its much needed ha!

I am trying to source a pair of front springs/hardware for the bob-job but having trouble finding anyone with a spare set..only missing those to get the job done

asgtoolman

Thanks, as you know its much needed ha!

I am trying to source a pair of front springs/hardware for the bob-job but having trouble finding anyone with a spare set..only missing those to get the job done
Scott [tie6044] listed exactly what you need today on this site; he is in MN though, so don't know about shipping costs to you.
Use classified ads---- search----"bob kit"

Last edited:

DFD2010-A

Sorry it's been a while, life has been busy. Managed to get out today and get my new pyrometer installed. Also a few pics of the turbo swap took out the "D" and put in a "C", nothing better than that whistle! Managed to hit just over 1300* on an uphill pull in 4th....looks like no need to turn up the fuel :driver:

EDIT------
Oh yeah, FYI I do have a D turbo for sale now. If anyone is in need.

Attachments

Last edited:

sandfarmer

Could you give me the comparison from the D to the C? I have always said I'd have to have the whistler from hearing them on the road, then today I spoke for a deuce with a whistler and the guy told me to bring ear plugs when I come get it. :lol: Hope I can stand it from the inside as much as I like it from the outside!

DFD2010-A

@sandfarmer, don't listen to Gimp he's a grouchy old man! Honestly I love the whistler, but this is also coming from the kid that had a Cummins and took the silencer ring and modified his intake just to make it louder :D. I don't think the sound is too bad for short trips, today I had her to 55 mph and it sounded great....however I could see it getting annoying after 3-4 hours. There's a rumor that the "C" turbo kills power on your truck but I haven't noticed any difference on my rig...I probably do have a biased opinion since I voluntarily switched to a "C" but I have no intentions on switching back. If you can't take it I have my old "D" in the garage [thumbzup]

DFD2010-A

Thanks! I actually used plain ol' rattle cans, Rustoleum dark taupe. If I did it all over again I would have bought the paint in gallon form and rented one of the airless spray guns, would have been much quicker and less coats to cover everything. I wouldn't say it was too hard yet my rig is by no means a show truck so I wasn't seeking perfection.

sandfarmer

@sandfarmer, don't listen to Gimp he's a grouchy old man! Honestly I love the whistler, but this is also coming from the kid that had a Cummins and took the silencer ring and modified his intake just to make it louder :D. I don't think the sound is too bad for short trips, today I had her to 55 mph and it sounded great....however I could see it getting annoying after 3-4 hours. There's a rumor that the "C" turbo kills power on your truck but I haven't noticed any difference on my rig...I probably do have a biased opinion since I voluntarily switched to a "C" but I have no intentions on switching back. If you can't take it I have my old "D" in the garage [thumbzup]
LOL, no problem I understand the need for sound! I've outgrown it a little now but have a weak spot for the good sound of a turbo, 3-4 hour drive home but probably the longest trek I'd ever do in it. We shall see I guess...