• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 detuned to a 6.2

Anubis8472

All engines today are 'detuned'.
What happens is an engine is designed/assembled/tuned, then it goes through a process of detuning to meet emissions and economy standards.

In this case, I have no idea why they would have a 6.5 detuned in such a manner? I think someone may be using the term loosly just in a comparative sense.

((Question was answered in preceeding pages, didn't see the page count offscreen...my bad))

Last edited:

Jakob1944

I think mine is a Ks. NG vehicle........http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/770712?kwtag=p13n-V&h=......It's sitting at Ft Riley awaiting my paper work and I'm sitting at "The Hood", Tx .....It says 6.5 on the sale but a pix of the yellow rpm thing on the back of the engine shows the hold down bolt tab to the left (drivers side), so I suppose it was a 6.2 rebuild.....Oh well, It's just a 2 door troop carrier.....Something to play with......I'm stealing a lot of you folks good info on this forum while I waiting....again thanks....john

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

I think mine is a Ks. NG vehicle........http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/770712?kwtag=p13n-V&h=......It's sitting at Ft Riley awaiting my paper work and I'm sitting at "The Hood", Tx .....It says 6.5 on the sale but a pix of the yellow rpm thing on the back of the engine shows the hold down bolt tab to the left (drivers side), so I suppose it was a 6.2 rebuild.....Oh well, It's just a 2 door troop carrier.....Something to play with......I'm stealing a lot of you folks good info on this forum while I waiting....again thanks....john
I see it listed as a 6.2L

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks