• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 detuned to a 6.2

Anubis8472

All engines today are 'detuned'.
What happens is an engine is designed/assembled/tuned, then it goes through a process of detuning to meet emissions and economy standards.

In this case, I have no idea why they would have a 6.5 detuned in such a manner? I think someone may be using the term loosly just in a comparative sense.

((Question was answered in preceeding pages, didn't see the page count offscreen...my bad))

Last edited:

Jakob1944

I think mine is a Ks. NG vehicle........http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/770712?kwtag=p13n-V&h=......It's sitting at Ft Riley awaiting my paper work and I'm sitting at "The Hood", Tx .....It says 6.5 on the sale but a pix of the yellow rpm thing on the back of the engine shows the hold down bolt tab to the left (drivers side), so I suppose it was a 6.2 rebuild.....Oh well, It's just a 2 door troop carrier.....Something to play with......I'm stealing a lot of you folks good info on this forum while I waiting....again thanks....john

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

I think mine is a Ks. NG vehicle........http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/770712?kwtag=p13n-V&h=......It's sitting at Ft Riley awaiting my paper work and I'm sitting at "The Hood", Tx .....It says 6.5 on the sale but a pix of the yellow rpm thing on the back of the engine shows the hold down bolt tab to the left (drivers side), so I suppose it was a 6.2 rebuild.....Oh well, It's just a 2 door troop carrier.....Something to play with......I'm stealing a lot of you folks good info on this forum while I waiting....again thanks....john
I see it listed as a 6.2L