• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

62 MPH Deuce! This one is for you Kenny!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well unlike some people here.. cough cough.. I went throu every nut bolt and seal on this truck. Did every single PM you can do on a deuce and replaced/rebuilt every part that looks or even hinted on needed replacing or rebuilding.
About the only thing that will happen at 63 MPH rather then 52 MPH is the bug will splat a little harder on the windshield.

Hilber the sister truck we picked up in TX along with mine we have done all the service too and its very happy right next to yours at 52. Drives like a car at 52 all day all night. Every truck has its very own lovable Speed and RPM.
Again I state.. "to each his own" and drive safe. :cookoo:

plym49

Maybe you can find a Newbie to race...

How fast can you stop?

What was the speed limit?

What's your fuel?

Look out for that Church bus full of virgin nuns...

You can kiss a nun, but don't get into the habit.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Huh.... I would figure he would be happier in a bananna tree....Whooda thunk it.

Do i dare admit I have hit 70mph? I have 395's, a turned up pump and like westy.....dont care.

You go fasters keep thinking like this, one day it will bite you in the A$$, get someone killed/hurt and in turn KILL the HOBBY for everybody. These trucks NEW (all new parts), were designed for the 50 mph range, that is with ALL the PROPER PMs and SERVICES, not if i do all the PMs and SERVICEs I can now do 65/70, trust me, BLOWING a front steer tire at ROAD SPEED is a real seat sucking experience, now think about blowing the LEFT steer.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine likes 45-50 and so do I. Even with the new tires on the front I'm not fond of flying down the road in a big truck not designed to go that fast.

ODdave

You go fasters keep thinking like this, one day it will bite you in the A$$, get someone killed/hurt and in turn KILL the HOBBY for everybody. These trucks NEW (all new parts), were designed for the 50 mph range, that is with ALL the PROPER PMs and SERVICES, not if i do all the PMs and SERVICEs I can now do 65/70, trust me, BLOWING a front steer tire at ROAD SPEED is a real seat sucking experience, now think about blowing the LEFT steer.
Yup, thats what its gonna take. ONE truck to shut down the hobby. One truck will wreck (as it has never happend before), They will make everyone destroy there trucks, Government will get sued. We will get invaded because we will no longer have a defence, And the world will come to an END!

So I must ask, what caused your tire to blow? I am curious because I inspect mine before I drive (all my vehicals) And again after a short distance to look for any excesive heat.

"whats the big deal, Anybody can get AIR in a deuce, It takes a expert to make a #36,000 wrecker fly "
So, are you an "expert" or hipocrite?

When I said I dont care, Well that was in regards to the engine coming apart, NOT about others lives.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"Yup, thats what its gonna take. ONE truck to shut down the hobby". run over soccer mom and her kids by a go fast army truck could very well do it, it is getting harder and harder to get these trucks REGERESTERED "On e truck will wreck (as it has never happend before), They will make everyone destry there trucks, Government will get sued. We will get invaded because we will no longer have a defence, And the world will come to an END!", this is one of the dumbest things that has been put out there in defense of GO FASTERS, really sounds like you care about the hobby.

So I must ask, what caused your tire to blow? I am curious because I inspect mine before I drive (all my vehicals) And again after a short distance to look for any excesive heat.

"When I said I dont care, Well that was in regards to the engine coming apart, NOT about others lives."
sure sounds like it doing 70

as far as my tire, not sure heat, weight, something in the road, do know that I have done the miles, hrs., speed on these tires before and no problem.

because someone stops every 1/2 hour to check there truck, does not mean things WILL NOT HAPPEN, but things tend to happen just a bit slower at 50 than compared to 70, plus REACTION time and distance is a tad less at 50 compared to 70

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

October 7th, 2011.

I saw an M211 deuce do 70 once back in West Virginia! Oh, you mean the one that popped its parking brake and ran off a strip mine high wall???? Between you, I and the rock, one of these days some one of the deuce hot rodders are going to blow a tire, throw a driveshaft and do something really spectacular enough for the evening news..... THEN the rest of us are going to be in a world of hurt. If some fool wants to attach a JATO pack to his truck and hotrod off road in Nevada or Texas, fine, it just cleans up the gene pool a little. BUT when you do something very foolish in a 40 year old, specialized tactical truck on the road, Whooeeee! The biodegradable mass is going to impact the rotating impellor and we're all going to get covered.
I pretty much know what the Army designed these trucks for, and you have to wonder why most of them move from post to post on a flatbed and no longer are in road convoys. Back during the "Nam war, it wasn't unknown to cross the whole United States in a convoy of deuces doing 45 MPH, anything above that increases the inspection, maintenance and repair needs almost exponentially, and add 40 years of age to the truck....PLEASE be sure to title your hotrod deuces in Mexico as Mexican Army trucks, that way the rest of us can breathe easier. Remember, with the demil codes on these trucks, UNCLE can SCRAP them if he wants!
Just my .02 worth!
Smile you're on Uncles Camera.....:shock: