• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7th times the charm?

Csm Davis

Yeah I figured that was what grendel was saying but I wanted him to answer hopefully with his math because I don't believe it is going to be 135°F after turbo before I/C , it should be 2-300°F even with little to no boost. Maybe 135 after cooling, if you can get within 50°F of ambient temperature after the intercooler you are doing good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Compressor maps probably hate you too.

I have this strange image of you tangled up in a paper road map, trying to fold it, while in a sub-compact car, overflowing with returnable cans and lots of things on the dashboard.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Simplistic compressed air temp can be easily calculated by the Ideal Gas Law. PV=nRT. n and R can be considered constants for simplicity, so then we can see that pressure x volume = temperature. This is a basic approximation, but if you take a sealed can of air, and squeeze it super fast to half of the can volume it was (without changing the amount of gas inside), you can see you will double the temp of the air inside.

If you are running say 14.7 psi of boost (double atmospheric pressure at sea level), it should be coming out at double the ambient atmosphere temp. You can add a pinch for turbo compressor heat, inefficiencies, etc....