• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8 weeks and still no insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alabamafrog

I have been trying to get liability insurance for my new 5 ton M925 for over 8 weeks now. Apparently no insurance agent in the Huntsville area has any experience with military vehicles. Most just say no they can't do it immediately, the few that say they can do it mess with me for a few weeks with no results.
One says they can insure it for $80 a year but they need a picture of it inside a locked building, I aint got no lockable building that size! Another says he can insure it for $1,100 a year, thats not an option for me either since I'll only drive it a couple hundred miles a year at most so insurance would be over $5 a mile!
This thing has been sitting in my driveway for over 2 months and I can't drive it! Its driving me crazy!

M923driver

Hi, I live in Guntersville and have my M923A2 thru a company in Florida. No locked building required and it's about $400.00 a year. Gulfway insurance, 1-800-940-5010. My rate is based on a couple of trucks, might be higher for just one. Good Luck!!:beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
During the last 2 months, have you read all the threads on here about insurance? If you had, I bet you'd have your answer and insurance by now.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call and ask a few businesses in your town, where they insure commercial vehicles.

How old are you?

How's your driving record?

Are you married?

Do you own your own home?

What's your annual income?

There are probably a dozen other factor that need to be considered.

All these and more, matter in this matter.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try an independent agent in Birmingham. I'll bet someone there can insure it.

pyro1955

I'm currently going thru this painful process, waiting to hear back from Gulfway, Michigan stinks, so many "Mandatory" charges nothing is cheap, add on required items from each different company and it just gets worse.... I do not understand why we need insurance for Deuces... It's not like hitting something is going to hurt our trucks.... Coverage for the other guy, well, I guess I can under stand that... Seriously though, all I want is to be able to go to the grain elevator 20 miles round trip a max of 12 times a year, plus get fuel when needed a few times a year I don't even care if they cap me at a 100 mile radius, just want to be able to drive the truck when I need, it certainly will not be on the road more than 20 times a year if that, current quotes are killing me. I've read several of the other posts, tried alot of the companies, always seems to come down to either get ripped off for over $750 or more a year, or put a "historical" plate on it and not be able to actually use the truck.... Hopefully i can find a reasonable coverage, I do not need collision or comp., just liability... With a clean driving record for 25 years one would think this would be easy to get...

N5MCZ

insuranceHi

Hi Frog; so this is why I haven't seen you post on the JD forum lately....you've gone MV green instead of JD green. LOL....my M38 is insured with State Farm collector $70 year...take care ..Kendak :p

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did any of you read that he has an M925(not a deuce or jeep?):deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

In Kazakhstan, you can buy insurance from the town witchdoctor, for just 3 chickens(good layers) :doghead:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't getting insurance squared away before your buy a truck be a better idea than ,buying a truck only to find out you can't afford to operate it . Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way , but it really is puting the cart in front of the horse . These are commercial size trucks with commercial size costs .

The only thing that seperates the men from the boys , is the cost of their toys.

ryan77

Reminds me of guys that buy motorcycles and then have a heart attack when they call for insurance quotes!

Status
Not open for further replies.