• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Rising Phoenix: Proposed Re-Purpose

FloridaAKM

That is a nice well designed truck, well thought out! I hope you have a place to store it out of the weather when you are not using it. When a good plan comes together, is what it seems so far! Keep us all informed as to how things go!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job! Turned out great! Best wishes on your business venture. Follow through,it's what all successful businesses do! Outstanding!
God bless,
Tony

Another Ahab

Positive reinforcement is a good thing. Acknowledging all the words of encouragement here. They're a help.

You all can't know it, but the attaboys (even the simplest "ok"), are greatly appreciated.

Makes me realize I need to lend more of my own support for whatever project others are tackling and post up. Cheers! :beer:

saddamsnightmare

April 17th, 2014.

AnotherAhab:

Nice Truck rebuild! Somehow I missed what business you plan to use it in? Either farm machinery maintenance, tire changes on tractors, or related work would seem logical for it.:-D

Good Luck!

Another Ahab

That would be logical.

The plan however is B2B service to contractors, handling warranty and punch-list work. We'll see how it shakes out.

Thanks for wishing me luck.

Another Ahab

That sucks man, I hope you got a good price for it, that is a nice truck.
You're a good man. The Plan didn't work the way I pictured it:

- And your right, it sucks

- Wanted to pull it off but couldn't make it work as a commercial daily-driver

Had to go to a Plan B. I'll post a shot once I get those title/tags.

door Closes.jpg

Another Ahab

That truck is well sorted out. Looks very sanitary and professional.
Pete
Thanks, Pete; don't like needing a tool and not having it right on-hand. So meant to have a place for everything.

How many years in a lifetime? Wanted to get it right, have it all wrapped tight, and not need to add-on later

I learned something. Should have listened to Ol' Ike: Plans are Useless, But Planning is Priceless. Know now. And that's OK!

sanitary.jpg

Hoefler

When I see a dialed in service vehicle driving down the road, its a sure bet the company is as well organized as their vehicles. Well organized is full blown pro.
I had a guy frame a small house for me. His truck was a mess-when he opened the drivers door, a chicken bone fell out. He had junk all over his seats and a bald tire. Needless to say, the framing was about as organized as his truck. Dang guy left chicken bones and fast food wrappers all over too. Mess.
Your business will be judged by how well your rig looks. Your off to a good start.
Pete

Another Ahab

I had a guy frame a small house for me. His truck was a mess-when he opened the drivers door, a chicken bone fell out. He had junk all over his seats and a bald tire. Needless to say, the framing was about as organized as his truck. Dang guy left chicken bones and fast food wrappers all over too. Mess.

Pete
Sounds more like a work "cluck", than a work "truck"!

You're a good man, Pete; and thanks for the words of encouragement.

And, you know, if I thought about it, I might have to give credit to the U.S. Navy for instilling the whole idea of organization into me, way back:

- The whole "ship-shape" culture.

Likely got drummed into me during boot camp, and never left. I mean in a way, you know?

ship shape.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks