• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A sad sign of the times

73X

I live in a suburb of Detroit Mi. a reasonably quiet neighborhood and very few problems. Well as of late we have had a few rather unsavory characters move in around us. So it was time for a step toward keeping my Deuce at home where it belongs and not running around with an unauthorized driver. Give me your opinions as to location and looks.

Attachments

Divemaster920

Banned
Why not a chain around the steering wheel?
Mine came standard with one and the lock and key.
But mine came out of Portsmouth VA.
They need them there.

jfnemt1ff1

I think the best bet would hide a batt. cut off somewere like in the tool box under the ft fender ect. That way they would not be able to tear your dash apart to jump the switch. Also I agree that a chain around the steering wheel will stop to bright people from even trying when they see the chain.
John

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I like a keyed master disconnect on the negative side of the battery between the - terminal and the ground to the frame. Its mounted in one of the holes behind the passenger seat. I also have a bracket and lock that locks the IP shutoff in the off position. Have a chain on the wheel. Have 2 big dogs, night vision, black pj's and a KBar.

Stan Leschert

Our M-135 has a "temporary parking brake" I always leave it on when the truck in un-attended. If they can find the master SW, the first time that they apply the brakes will be the last. If they're smarter than that, the truck is very well insured!

73X

Thank you DiveMaster920 for answering in my absence. The second night of Channukah and dinner with the family. I appreciate everyones thoughts and responses. I also have a lock and chain on the steering wheel, the only problem is the heathens around the corner broke into a locked shed and a locked cube truck with bolt cutters (got caught) so I have my reservations about that being the security device.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/44728-heater.html
Also here is a link to the heater install Divemaster mentioned.

Jones

All of the above-- you won't stop them from stealing but you can make it hard enough so that they'll look for an easier target. Then your only problem is them busting windows and gauges out of spite.

For 5 tons and up with full air, spring brakes are nice. Without air pressure to release the brake cans, the little bastages can't kick off the e-brake and let your truck roll away just to be ornery.

I like interrupting the fuel supply with a solenoid valve between tank and IP.
You can push start a diesel without batteries but you sure can't push start one without fuel.

73X

Nice thought on a solenoid valve in the fuel line I think I will do that next.
I generally try to park with the wheels turned so it can't be pushed straight away.
It really is difficult trying to out think the "bastages". Sorry love the term.

tm america

i have my ignition switch in the same spot as yours it breaks the number10 wire from the starter soloniod that feeds everything including the headlight switch and blower=no key no power and no worry about kids getting in there and leaving the lights on or cranking it over in gear and maybe even starting it .chaining the wheel only stops them from being able to steer it i needed more protection than that.and if i'm leaving it in a bad area i chain the wheel to.nice job keep up the good work:roll:

tm america

you can do all you want but if they want it bad enough they will take it .i just like to make it take longer so i have time to take my safety off and grab my shovel :twisted: you have to be really bumb to steal a mv i would be most that own them have the other miltary items too .i would think it to be alot safer to steal a soccer moms mini van than a piece of green:roll:

73X

Very true it really does take an idiot to steal something like a military vehicle especially since we obviously are a special group of people who are not afraid to defend what we love and believe in.

tm america

there is a thread on deuce security it had some guy that made a lock for his engine stop cable it also locked the main power switch to with one pad lock i dont remember who it was but im sure you can find it by doing a search:roll: