• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After looking all summer I finally won an 003 today

Rapracing

I started this machine up today for the first time when it was a little colder (about twenty eight degrees). There was white smoke for about 30-40 seconds from one of the exhaust pipes.

Could that mean I maybe have a bad glow plug in one of those cylinders?

After about 20-30 seconds it kinda of chugged (I guess that is what you would call it) three or four times and then the smoke cleared. I am guessing the cylinder was firing when this happened and then started running properely?

3dAngus

Nothing unusual about that. I had one that did the same thing. It becomes second hand after a while. It most often occurs when cold and is condensation, or moisture burning off. It always clears up after a short warm up period where it will burn off.

I just got my second MEP-002 running yesterday, after 2 1/2 weeks of piddlin' with it. Fuel tank had a small leak at the bottom rivit where a drain valve was broken off by the military as they drained all fluids, diesel and oil. After a good half hour run yesterday, I started it again today, and it took a good 30-45 seconds to start. I had to go to glo and that helped, even though it was a toasty 60 degrees outside. It started with white smoke, but was gone in 30 seconds.