• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After looking all summer I finally won an 003 today

Rapracing

I started this machine up today for the first time when it was a little colder (about twenty eight degrees). There was white smoke for about 30-40 seconds from one of the exhaust pipes.

Could that mean I maybe have a bad glow plug in one of those cylinders?

After about 20-30 seconds it kinda of chugged (I guess that is what you would call it) three or four times and then the smoke cleared. I am guessing the cylinder was firing when this happened and then started running properely?

3dAngus

Nothing unusual about that. I had one that did the same thing. It becomes second hand after a while. It most often occurs when cold and is condensation, or moisture burning off. It always clears up after a short warm up period where it will burn off.

I just got my second MEP-002 running yesterday, after 2 1/2 weeks of piddlin' with it. Fuel tank had a small leak at the bottom rivit where a drain valve was broken off by the military as they drained all fluids, diesel and oil. After a good half hour run yesterday, I started it again today, and it took a good 30-45 seconds to start. I had to go to glo and that helped, even though it was a toasty 60 degrees outside. It started with white smoke, but was gone in 30 seconds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks