• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After market seats or alternate seats for HMMWV / m998 ?

Dock Rocker

What did the base look like on those seats? How much fab word did you have to do on the drivers base and the other seat bases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just ordered these last night. He has several left and these say they have the sliders on them though I really only wanted it on the driver seat. There are a couple of others with feedback on there that have installed them in hmmwv's.

Ebay link removed, please follow the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

kbriggs346

Thanks for the link just order a set of 4 look pretty nice...the only thing is I would like to find a way to keep the battery cover intact for the front passenger seat.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like with the slider on the seats, it should be fairly easy to mount them in any location other than the drivers seat. I think they will just bolt on to the covers over the battery and back seats. I think the drivers seat my require some fabrication. But, I could be wrong. I will be happy to share install pics when I get the seats.

joelaw

Jays is the guy's name (not sure if it is short for Jason) but he has two main types of seats available, those from a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica and from 2016 Chrysler Pacificas. He gets these from a local shop that does handicap conversions on vans and they gut the second row seats for the conversion. I have installed the 2017 seats in 4 Humvees now and they work great. The 2017 seats require support bars and bolts to be welded on to the seat frame. I've got a local fab shop in Yuma that does it for $20 a seat - super cheap and they do a great job. The 2016 seats have a sliding bracket that has the mounting bolts already in the bracket and they do not require welding of support brackets. When it comes to the passenger seat over the battery box, I have purchased the seat stiffener plate used for the commander seats and mount the seats to the lid. The seats fold flat and are super easy to remove from the passenger seat and rear seats (these bolt right up to the seat box lids in the back). I have posted pics earlier in this thread of the fab work for the welding of the support brackets and bolts on the seats. If you use the right type of welder, you don't have to take the seat apart to avoid the sparks from melting the material. I can post some additional pics later this week when I install another set of seats in another Humvee.

orgnal

Jays is the guy's name (not sure if it is short for Jason) but he has two main types of seats available, those from a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica and from 2016 Chrysler Pacificas. He gets these from a local shop that does handicap conversions on vans and they gut the second row seats for the conversion. I have installed the 2017 seats in 4 Humvees now and they work great. The 2017 seats require support bars and bolts to be welded on to the seat frame. I've got a local fab shop in Yuma that does it for $20 a seat - super cheap and they do a great job. The 2016 seats have a sliding bracket that has the mounting bolts already in the bracket and they do not require welding of support brackets. When it comes to the passenger seat over the battery box, I have purchased the seat stiffener plate used for the commander seats and mount the seats to the lid. The seats fold flat and are super easy to remove from the passenger seat and rear seats (these bolt right up to the seat box lids in the back). I have posted pics earlier in this thread of the fab work for the welding of the support brackets and bolts on the seats. If you use the right type of welder, you don't have to take the seat apart to avoid the sparks from melting the material. I can post some additional pics later this week when I install another set of seats in another Humvee.
More pictures is always good!

McReddy

joelaw

These are additional pics of the 2017 model seats, with the brackets that have to be fabricated. The other pics are of the 2016 model seats with the factory brackets and slides and a couple pics of the passenger seat support. IMG-5351.jpgIMG-5345.jpgIMG-5346.jpgIMG-5351.jpgIMG-5339.jpg

Attachments

orgnal

Tangdiver

These are additional pics of the 2017 model seats, with the brackets that have to be fabricated. The other pics are of the 2016 model seats with the factory brackets and slides and a couple pics of the passenger seat support. View attachment 704507View attachment 704502View attachment 704503View attachment 704507View attachment 704499
I did exactly as he did however it's taking me a lot longer after a couple of car accidents full-time work but I've got it done the same way as him just need to do the driver side which is taking me a little longer but it looks Ace feels great and it can't beat the price and full on leather seats

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished the install of the drivers seat this weekend. I bought the seats on the auction site for $199 per pair, these have rails on them which I thought should make the install much easier.

I removed the springer portion of the original seat and used the rest of the frame as my base. I used 2x2 angle, 1x1 angle, 2" flat stock and 1x2 tube to make the frame for my seat. I wanted to be able to remove the seat in the event I need to wash the inside of the HMMWV out. I bought a 6 pack of quick attach bolts that are used on jeep hard tops off the auction site. I have two in the front, two in the back, it only takes a minute or two to unbolt the seat and pull it out though it is a little heavy to have to do that very often.

I worked on this for several evenings but I think the other 3 seats will be much easier as I won't have to build a frame for them.

Seat Install5.jpgSeat Install2.jpgSeat Install1.jpgSeat Install4.jpgSeat Install3.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks