• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Dryer for an M35A2

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bringing this thread back.

I ended up getting one of the A3 type air dryers. The guy selling it was worried that it is listed in the CTIS(should use lots of air) section of the A3 TM. In all of the searching I have done, NONE of the air dryers for trucks list a cfm. Is this a concern I need to worry about or not. Everything I have read leads me to "NOT", but I wanted to be sure.
The CFM that is seen by the air dryer comes from the compressor, about 7 in the case of the deuce and shouldn't be an issue. The instantaneous CFM demanded by Airpak, CTIS, tools etc is supplied by the tanks.

rrrr

I put an alcohol system on mine as well as automatic water drains on both tanks. No issues with moisture even in the teens for temps. Do a search on this forum and you'll find all the info you need.

joeM62

If you guys don't would anybody have pics of how theirs is set up. I had an ideal about doing this a few years ago but didn't go through with it then because I had sold the truck.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So my air dryer showed up, now I need to decide where to plumb it in the air system. I am thinking of putting it under the hood. Is there a better place to install them?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hellz no! Its like 7* here right now. That will be a job for later. I did find an installation manual that gives specifications on how far from the air comp. to mount it and to put it in the air line before the "wet" tank though. I think on a deuce(A2) the perfect spot would be in the tool box under the driver's seat by the running board. (Or mounted to the back of it)

welldigger

Hellz no! Its like 7* here right now. That will be a job for later. I did find an installation manual that gives specifications on how far from the air comp. to mount it and to put it in the air line before the "wet" tank though. I think on a deuce(A2) the perfect spot would be in the tool box under the driver's seat by the running board. (Or mounted to the back of it)
Hey gimp, which air dryer do you have? I pretty much know which one I'm going to get but as with everything I take my sweet time.

Edit: Ok nevermind. I read back in the thread and I see you got the pure air plus. Good unit, though not the one I plan on using.

Last edited:

Merc1973

Haha, just checking. My tanks spray plenty of water out when I drain. What is the model number for the pure air plus? I can only find "repair kits" for sale, not installation kits...

welldigger

I don't know all of the places that sell the pure air plus but I know eriks has the complete units. Not a horribly outrageous price for them either. I'm going with a bendix ad-9 clone.

Merc1973

I don't know all of the places that sell the pure air plus but I know eriks has the complete units. Not a horribly outrageous price for them either. I'm going with a bendix ad-9 clone.
Thanks For the info about Eriks, Do you have a link for the clone which I assume is cheaper?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks