• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air ride seats in M 931 A2

Jericho

I had posted a like thread about the Fifth Wheel hauler I am building, But here are the pics and a blow by blow for the seat installation, First thing out was the passenger seat and BATTERY BOX. I needed a smaller box ,decided to go down to TWO batteries , So I torch wrenched the box to the size I needed and rebuilt the top edges and face, welded it up, ground it out and repainted it. Next I trial fitted the passenger seat and determined where to locate it, I made sure to locate the four mount bolts over the floor channel , little double thickness never hurt, Drilled the holes and mounted the seat with LARGE fender washer AN hardware and self locking deformed head nuts. Trying to add pice here , not working well

Jericho

seat install

seat trial fitted and modified battery box installed, I left the wire chases and vet locations intact ant eh box bolts down in same mount holes , Pay close attention to the seat fold down arms to make sure they arn't hitting the door levers re

Attachments

Jericho

seat install

next came the drivers side, I removed the installed seat and cut the bottom plate from it to use for mounting the new seat. also used a few other morsals from the assy, , modified the base and the back cusions to allow the seat cushions to be removed with the frame bolted down , this was needed to allow for access to the battery box. It also provided a PERFECT fit ( completely by chance and the suggestion of my 10 yr old grand son, I cut the pins from the lower bottom frames and used a set of threaded hooks to retain the seat bottom, it in does easily , I removed the brackets from the seat back and reinstalled, it allows the back to slide up and off them I used four rubber isolator feet to mount the frame to the battery box top, All bolted up , seat belts fit great in original spots , seat works out perfect, Air is tapped in line with a t in the line to the air horn under the hood, all the connectors on the plastic 1/4 inch line and 1/8 line are push to lock . RIDE GREAT. I am 6 foot ,220, have plenty of adjustment and fit well.

Attachments

Jericho

next gotta find some dam cup holders like my John Deer mower has , any one with a good set up PLEASE chime in. I love to use other s ideas, Some of my set credit goes to post on here, lots of pointers and do,s and don;ts. Was thinking flexible rubber ones right in front of the center seat, mounted to battery box. . Open to good suggestions , Thanks in advance !

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Brake handle chain?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Just a slip over so that kids can't knock it off or anti theft. I have done a bar mounted to the rear cab support and a fork up front so it can be locked.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jericho

Works great , kids cant knock it off, JUst came back from a Touch a truck, Love kids, like to let them look in an ARMY TRUCK. Tons of trucks there , every KID age 1 to 99 wants to sit in it, longest line at the show, but man kids are kids, pull every knob, twist every switch . Now with the new seats its kind off hidden away and they cant really even see it , This is most handy in my m109A3 , I was constantly knocking the emergency brake off getting out .

Csm Davis

Works great , kids cant knock it off, JUst came back from a Touch a truck, Love kids, like to let them look in an ARMY TRUCK. Tons of trucks there , every KID age 1 to 99 wants to sit in it, longest line at the show, but man kids are kids, pull every knob, twist every switch . Now with the new seats its kind off hidden away and they cant really even see it , This is most handy in my m109A3 , I was constantly knocking the emergency brake off getting out .
Yeah I know what you mean about the kids, but on my 939 series trucks I just let all the air out and unhook the ground on the batteries, then no matter what they do the truck won't do anything. I have big kids (adults) get in and even had one bet he could drive off, he lost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

someoldmoose

TMG for the cupholder. Jericho, sorry if I missed it somewhere but, where did you source the seats? I would love to find some NOS HEMTT seats so they have the 4 point belts already. I have also looked into salvage yard commercial vehicle but then I will have to fab up the belts. Not a big deal, just another step.

Last edited:

Jericho

on the internet , Flea bay . Prime 200. brand, black Leather, they have 200 thru 600 models , but the 200 are nice They were 620 $ each delivered , from Georgia to NH. Came freight in 3 days, no damage. Air suspension easy hook up single line. Lumbar and side bolster expansion bladders as well. . They are very comfortable and slim line in the back, fit very nice , ! Iam 6 foot 220 lbs plenty of room and adjustable. NO COMPARISION TO THE O.E. SEAT . good hunting

Mos68x

Looks good Jericho! Maybe once I finish building the more important bits on mine I'll get to the seats. In the mean time though I'm thinking I'm going to add a couple spacers to my seat mounts so that I can make the OE seats at least more comfortable to ride in.

Jericho

I would have. But wife refused to ride in it until I got something more comfortable than the thin troop seat. "Happy wife happy life "

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
TMG for the cupholder. Jericho, sorry if I missed it somewhere but, where did you source the seats? I would love to find some NOS HEMTT seats so they have the 4 point belts already. I have also looked into salvage yard commercial vehicle but then I will have to fab up the belts. Not a big deal, just another step.
The last thing you want is to be totally strapped and secured into a seat in a cab that the top has no support and will nearly cave in if you walk on it. Unless you install a roll cage or ROPS cab/system i do not suggest getting too snuggled into the cab of some thing that easily will roll over.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks