• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alas we must say goodbye to you Multifuel.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were going to report the deuce, I would go with the Cummins 6BT mechanical 5.9. More RPM margin, plenty of power. I might even turn it -down- a bit. 200HP would be more than enough, without risking the transmission, 5th gear is a weak link I believe, and it is only rated 300 Ft Lbs. If that.

darknessvanquished

The DT466 is everywhere! A real cheap way to get one is to find a wrecked or outdated IH schoolbus as already mentioned. You can also snag the Allison auto trans attached to it too. This is one of my potential upgrade plans for my Deuce.

Last edited:

darknessvanquished

Just a thought on building a bigger and bigger deuce, why not just start with a 5 ton? Bigger tires fit with no mods, super single rims are easier to find, no axle strength issues, better brakes, power steering... And bigger engines fit fairly easily, just pull the 250 and put in a big cam version, or whatever other motor you like. just my 2 cents, but it seems like it would be alot easier then using a deuce if you want to go really big on power, tires, load capacity or whatever. If it's a size issue, you could use a tractor and through a 12' deuce bed on it. I know half the fun is building it, but if you want something BIG, start with something already fairly big. To me it kinda seems like tring to bread a really large chiwawa..just get a rottweiller
Driving a 5ton on the street is wishful thinking in most towns/cities. Parking one is another can of worms. Too many issues. Hence, using the "legal" 2.5 ton trucks instead. Trust me, I'd get a 5ton in a heartbeat if I could actually use it on the road as easily as a 2.5ton. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks