• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

M920

This what you meant?

YES....THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT!!! Thanks!!!

I had a funny thought though..... getting these cool "visuals" to me, is probably similar to a mom looking at an ultra sound and being able to learn the sex of her unborn child!!! :-D

I am working on the spare tire mount and it's corresponding davit....I will poste pics tomorrow....

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great ideas!

Ease of acces would be my major design concern though.
Any mounted hardware would need to swing-away, or pivot readily and without significant human effort for quick and/or EMERGENCY access to the engine compartment. If it takes too much "technique" to get to the engine, in a crisis you may lose the whole vehicle for want of adequate engineering.
Inconvenient engine compartment access could also lead to delayed or "forgotten" preventative maintenance and routine servicing of internal components and systems.

IMHO

M920

Spare tire carrier

Well, dispite some 45+ mph winds I did get the spare tire carrier and davit mounted on the passenger side of the ROPS.
In it's new location the arm of the davit is to short to swing the spare tire clear of the truck, so I'm going to have to lenghten it about 5".
I also had to set back the lower brace on the davit support in order to still be able to pull out the dip stick....yeah...that would have really "impaired" my maintenance!!!:roll:

Unfortunately the steel place messed up the angles on both brakes in my front fenders and therefore they now have to redo them.....so no fenders until next week....bummer... :-(

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the spare tire carrier and davit.....

Attachments

trukhead

Amazing and innovative and Very Cool Build!!!:cool:

Just a thought, how about a full width doghouse of snap on canvas on top of the cab to roll out a couple of sleeping bags at the end of the day.:tin hat:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some day, I'd love to drive out west, and on my trip, stop by your place. I feel it would be much better to drool over at your place, and at least water the grass, than waste all my drool here in front of the computer!

Keep it up, Soni, your work is an inspiration to us all in our projects...

n1bnc

Another thought to that space above the engine is a fire extinguisher arranged to fire downwards at that moment of necessity. There is also room for a antifreeze reservoir/overflow tank. Then you can add the griddle for on the go lunches!

rickf

Remember he said he needed the truck done for a job in April. It is April, he may be thrashing with no time for chat or pictures. As was mentioned, the job has to pay for the truck and if the truck isn't done then the job does not pay for the truck. That would be bad.

Danger Ranger

It can't be that time of the year already!!!!! He was only on for a month or two....I don't think I can stand to be left in suspense for months on end until he returns...aua:cry:

Danger Ranger

Soni is only really on SS for a few months (usually the same time of year each year) and is off the rest. He is a busy man of many projects, jobs, and hobbies, and unlike many of us, not all of his time is spent on here. If you look at other threads relating, you will see. Hope that clears it up for you GE.

BleedDemon

Soni is only really on SS for a few months (usually the same time of year each year) and is off the rest. He is a busy man of many projects, jobs, and hobbies, and unlike many of us, not all of his time is spent on here. If you look at other threads relating, you will see. Hope that clears it up for you GE.
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!! :/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks