• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's great Soni! Has been a really pleasure watching this come together! Now, she's a workin member of the family! Congrats "Dad"!

God bless,
Tony:)

lakeydna

You are certainly correct as far as the 24R21s being DOT branded tires and therefore street legal. The reason I said ...."pretty much as big as you can go"....is because installing them on the M1070 HET, makes it over width! So now you have to deal with permits, every time you take it out on the road. The reason for this is that both the front and the rear axles on the HET are made wide enough to run the wheels deep dish in.

Besides this obvious drawback, the HET really looks even more 'badass' with those tires on it....!!! [thumbzup]

Soni
Those are the tires that come on the euro compliant HET. Oshkosh website has a pic and its awesome.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very 'fitting' with the O/A appearance Soni. Initially I thought were going for snow covered mountains in pic 1 'till I zoomed in! : )

NOW FOR NEXT -

Your main drag winch that you are going to install.... Will you include spade pockets on the rear x-member or just the winch like the 916/920's? How about a roller for the 870 (can't remember if the base truck had this - been too focussed on the front end to remember!).....

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is so hard to not believe that it didn't come out of a Oshkosh Factory like that.... If I could I'd bring it on to base and park it next to an LHS or PLS and mess with fellow Loggy peep's heads all day.

Or mess with a company commander about the HEMMT in his motorpool without a proper data plate on not on his books, I bet I could even convince LTGEN Wyche that it was supposed to be in the inventory!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks