• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An Amusing Unimog quote...

flighht2k5

Banned
I wanna see the vids of mogs pulling deuces. I could not find any:razz:

To hard to pick on Landys, they are not even a real off road vehicle... They are only all wheel drive cause cobble stones are slippery when wet

Here is some hardcore landrover off roading footage. Not for the guy without his galoshes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAlHy810RDI[/media]
Once again, pulling someone out doesn't prove anything. If that mog wasn't able to make it the deuce certainly wouldn't have. So there wasn't anything proven

greenjeepster

Once again, pulling someone out doesn't prove anything. If that mog wasn't able to make it the deuce certainly wouldn't have. So there wasn't anything proven
If you look through the videos the mog attempted to climb the river bank multiple times, If you read the description to the second video I linked; the deuce did it on the first try and the guys were laughing at the Mog....

greenjeepster

Now read the description and watch it and weep :jumpin: Click on title to link to Vid description.

Making it easy for you: After Parkboat's numerous attempts in the Unimog to make it up, the Deuce plows him a path.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC7Dzluyy0o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/media]

Last edited:

flighht2k5

Banned
Now read the description and watch it and weep :jumpin: Click on title to link to Vid description.

Making it easy for you: After Parkboat's numerous attempts in the Unimog to make it up, the Deuce plows him a path.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC7Dzluyy0o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/media]
Keep posting videos. That's awesome. Why don't you search for videos of deuce failures? That's cute that you became so defensive. I have wheeled both. Unimogs are chosen more than a deuce for worldwide exploration. Why don't you post videos of the Unimog Test track? Doing the track with its full payload. I would love to see a deuce fail at that.

greenjeepster

Keep posting videos. That's awesome. Why don't you search for videos of deuce failures? That's cute that you became so defensive. I have wheeled both. Unimogs are chosen more than a deuce for worldwide exploration. Why don't you post videos of the Unimog Test track? Doing the track with its full payload. I would love to see a deuce fail at that.
Because that is not as much fun; 09 steel soldiers rally.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1Ir6s8q7M[/media]

saddamsnightmare

November 11th, 2011.

Boys, I really enjoyed that one of the Mog trying to get up the bank.... Did any of our anti-Mog folks figure out yet that: 1) You don't go up a bank backward in an unladen Mog?; 2) You don't try to back up a bank in an unladen Mog with R4 agricultural tires when the chevrons pointed the wrong way? and 3) obviously that driver had no clue what he was doing, but if the deuce driver tried it in reverse he'd a been in a lot more pain and suffering! I will point out to you that many of the early WWII US Army scout cars suffered from the same problem with R4 Agricultural tires... THEY are designed to pull in forward with the point of the V to the rear, and THEY will stick you in reverse, even with a farm tractor, that's why so many farm tractors that are FWD have the V's opposed front and rear so you don't get totally stuck.
Even an amateur can make a Mog look bad, but even an expert will make a LandRover look worse:oops:, and a hummer....:( I have seen a Mog stuck deep enough in Texas that it took 3 deuces harnessed to get him out, which proves one thing...IF you can stick a Mog, you better have some really big equipment to get it out. I have seen smarter Unimog drivers get out forward by slewing the front wheels left and right when up to the bumpers in mud to dig a larger hole and use sidewall friction to help get out......:razz: Remember, the best use for an aluminum bodied Land-Rover is as a Foster's can, and the best use for the modern steel ones is just about ANY beer can in the world!2centsfat lady sings
The S Unimogs provided the core for the first South African MRAP's and many of them survived many hits by land mines.... The Unimog is truely like a mechanical cockroach, it and the Model "T" Ford will be the last two internal combustion vehicles running after the holocaust....

Last edited:

spicergear

This is a favorite of mine for several reasons; 1- it cool as anything walking over a 44" wall, 2- it did that without the help of it's factory designed chassis flex because of the dumb rigid jungle gym that was built on it, and 3- a buddy of mine now owns it and removed the dumb cage and restored it. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VmwbdDqQJ4[/media]

flighht2k5

Banned
Spicer Gear you're crazy, don't you know that a deuce would do all of those things with 50000 pounds in the bed running on water (after all its a multifuel) and ndt's? Come on post something that's challenging ;)

Oh I forgot it'll do all of that while winching mog.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

November 12th, 2011

Spicergear:

Looks like our friend up above is suffering Unimog envy. He cuts down the S404.114s without realizing that the S's were to the UHN's what the Model "A" is to all other Fords since then, the grandparent. My S will do pretty much everything the UHN will, except go as fast on the road. An S is a very powerful little machine, as I have experience in ripping bumpers off of Hummers and Land Rovers that do not have the front ends sufficiently braced for a hard pull, and if I have to, I will use the elastic inertial in a 8 ply nylon extraction strap (ex C-130) to ether break them out or break them down. I would like to have the auxilliary 4 gear add on box, which then gives you 8 gears in low range F or R instead of 2, but my wallet doesn't travel in that stratosphere.
I suspect our friend above has never really driven a stock S404 to know what it will do if the driver has more intelligence then the average FWD runner. NO, there are no stock Subaru Foresters or Land Rovers that will do what the Unimog will, if there are they are purely in the fantasy land of electronic gaming.
An S404 has only 80 HP stock, but handled with sense and intelligence, it will cause most FWD owners to load their diapers in the same terrain areas, and make them green with envy. I've driven everything but the Land Rovers, and none of the ones I ran into in Texas or Illinois set any great standard of mobility in extreme terrain or mechanical reliability on any terrain or use. :( The only British truck that would remotely meet a Unimog on fair comparision is the old 6X6 Scammells, and that is like comparing apples and oranges in terms of weight. I challenge any Land Rover owner to load his Land Rover down with 2750 LBS of payload and then try to follow me in a stock Unimog....:shock: It won't happen as neither the frame, transmission or axles on his Brisith toy could stand the punishment, yet there are plenty of 48 year old S404's doing just that all over the world...
And I will admit, Spicergear, that you have given me a case of UHN envy, but reality is that if I can get ahold of a good U1300L, I'll still rip up most other FWD's in rough terrain under load....:razz: Drive an MB Unimogs, all the other FWD's just wish they could go where a Unimog will..... Try it in a Unimog, and you'll trade your tin and aluminum toy in on a Unimog and a lot of Fosters to enjoy the backwoods .... The Unimog was and is a very special truck, so it takes a person with intelligence to drive one, the computer won't help you out (except on a UHN). This is not attitude, this is reality...

I enjoyed the Forester video below, but it was not a stock Forester by the axles and the engine sound...Wonder why most extreme 4X4's use Unimog or Deuce axles to replace their Dana 44's and 50's? And the correct payload weight for the Unimog S404.114 is 4750 lbs, not 2750, my mistake in conversion.... I love my deuce and hate the thought of getting rid of it, but if it were a choice between a Deuce and a Unimog, if I only could have one, the Unimog wins for usefulness,capacity, agility and economy.

Last edited:

flighht2k5

Banned
Spicer; the first video is impressive. The rest of them a Subaru Forester could have done.

I will point out none of them are 404 turds.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJcXhZeiF4[/media]
You're just being retarded now. All unimogs meet the same standard from day one. Your stupid comment saying a forester could do that is asinine. Stop being dumb, you're just acting like a child.

flighht2k5

Banned
November 12th, 2011

Spicergear:

Looks like greenjeepster is suffering Unimog envy. He cuts down the S404.114s without realizing that the S's were to the UHN's what the Model "A" is to all other Fords since then, the grandparent. My S will do pretty much everything the UHN will, except go as fast on the road. An S is a very powerful little machine, as I have experience in ripping bumpers off of Hummers and Land Rovers that do not have the front ends sufficiently braced for a hard pull, and if I have to, I will use the elastic inertial in a 8 ply nylon extraction strap (ex C-130) to ether break them out or break them down. I would like to have the auxilliary 4 gear add on box, which then gives you 8 gears in low range F or R instead of 2, but my wallet doesn't travel in that stratosphere.
I suspect our friend above has never really driven a stock S404 to know what it will do if the driver has more intelligence then the average FWD runner. NO, there are no stock Subaru Foreasters or Land Rovers that will do what the Unimog will, if there are they are purely in the fantasy land of electronic gaming.
An S404 has only 80 HP stock, but handled with sense and intelligence, it will cause most FWD owners to load their diapers in the same terrain areas, and make them green with envy. I've driven everything but the Land Rovers, and none of the ones I ran into in Texas or Illinois set any great standard of mobility in extreme terrain or mechanical reliability on any terrain or use. :( The only British truck that would remotely meet a Unimog on fair comparision is the old 6X6 Scammells, and that is like comparing apples and oranges in terms of weight. I challenge Greenjeepster to load his Land Rover down with 2750 LBS of payload and then try to follow me in a stock Unimog....:shock: It won't happen as neither the frame, transmission or axles on his Brisith toy could stand the punishment, yet there are plenty of 48 year old S404's doing just that all over the world...
And I will admit, Spicergear, that you have given me a case of UHN envy, but reality is that if I can get ahold of a good U1300L, I'll still rip up most other FWD's in rough terrain under load....:razz: Real men drive MB Unimogs, all the others just wish they could own one..... Try it in a Unimog, greenjeepster, and you'll trade your tin and aluminum toy in on a Unimog and a lot of Fosters....
You know the truth because you own both unlike him.

greenjeepster

Nope haven't owned either, but test drove 404 several years ago... After having worked for a guy with a Case U900 and using that around his farm for several years... I felt the 404 left a lot to be desired... M35a2 is a lot more bang for the buck...

But I do have Unimog envy.. If I had a spare 16-25 K laying around I would have a 406. I wouldn't own a 404 unless it was close to free, and it would instantly get a 300D engine transplant. :beer:

flighht2k5

Banned
Nope haven't owned either, but test drove 404 several years ago... After having worked for a guy with a Case U900 and using that around his farm for several years... I felt the 404 left a lot to be desired... M35a2 is a lot more bang for the buck...

But I do have Unimog envy.. If I had a spare 16-25 K laying around I would have a 406. I wouldn't own a 404 unless it was close to free, and it would instantly get a 300D engine transplant. :beer:
That's funny. My 404 cruises at 50-55 at '5000 elevation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks