• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Aussie goat rescued

Aussiecowboy

Additionally, my spare hub and brake parts have arrived in Aus and will be with me soon. The transfer case and other parts will be on the way from red river soon hopefully. At 45mph the transfer sounded like an air raid siren.

Another Ahab

Additionally, my spare hub and brake parts have arrived in Aus and will be with me soon. The transfer case and other parts will be on the way from red river soon hopefully. At 45mph the transfer sounded like an air raid siren.
Maybe that's not all bad:
- At least it should chase everybody out of your way. :naner::mrgreen:

Aussiecowboy

Not a lot to report as work and a new puppy have been keeping me busy. I did get a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday though in the form of some hub seals and a pair of lifting rings, thanks again m38inmaine and mkcoen, I truly appreciate it.

My rebuilt transfer case is on its way but sadly red river no longer have tailgates, does anyone else have NOS tailgates? I'm chasing three.

I have a few questions for the knowledgable people here. From the pics below, is the bracket and holder on the throttle shaft standard? It starts to bind up hard before the throttle reaches the fully open position, I undid it and the throttle moved much more freely, just wondering if it something the previous owner added. It really needs to be about an inch taller.

I'm also wondering what the pump above the starter motor is for, it's held on by hose clamps but is painted in military green and has obviously been there a long time. There is a switch on the dash for it that looks stock, only one hose coming from it which leads into the side of the block. I have no idea what it's for, does anyone else have this on their goat?
As mentioned this is all the "cold start" system, which i have found helpful in Qld.... the other bit (which had me stumped for a while) is the glow plug and condenser assembly just to the rear of the blower, see orange lead below.
IMG_1413.jpg

Spock

Not a lot to report as work and a new puppy have been keeping me busy. I did get a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday though in the form of some hub seals and a pair of lifting rings, thanks again m38inmaine and mkcoen, I truly appreciate it.

My rebuilt transfer case is on its way but sadly red river no longer have tailgates, does anyone else have NOS tailgates? I'm chasing three.
New dog huh... funny, my first job on return was to collect an 11mth old staffy, dog #4.... although i'm not sure the chihuahua counts.

Definitely up for a tailgate if you get lucky, mines not practically repairable. Unless the new dog eats up my funding....

Spock

Aussiecowboy

Oh, I did get one little thing done, after removal and a thorough cleaning my fuel gauge sender appears to be working again. In another week or so I should have all the bits needed to install the brakes and get her driving properly.

And the dot 5 fluid was on back order, should be there this week I hope.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Sorry to have to break it to you but that 5.1 is NOT a synthetic, its a modified mineral dot4 designed to mimic Dot 5.
Its still just a Dot 4 and will absorb moisture.

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

I must apologise for my error above, I referred to the Dot 5 as 'synthetic' when I should have said "SILICONE".

Dot 5 IS a 100% Silicone brake fluid.

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks