• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got latches installed on the drawers. Should hold them closed when they are full of stuff. Also made a cover for the rear slider. Proceeded with the sanding and finishing. I’ll probably do one more coat on the top surface... still waiting on the 3/4 Baltic birch for my other sliders...🤬. Oh well, been working on her and driving her the past week! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been wanting to upgrade from the single rv fixture for lighting in the box of the M1010. But I didn’t want to lose headroom being tall myself. Extrusion is 3/4” wide and 1/4” thick and 4’ long. I’ll need to do a little paint touch up. And there is the second setting in case we go to DEFCON 1... 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃

Attachments

Another Ahab

I’ve been wanting to upgrade from the single rv fixture for lighting in the box of the M1010.
It's shaping up beautifully, Mad Texan. Nice!

What's your plan on a mattress for the rack (not your standard size):

- Just a camping pad and a bag?

Have you had time to think about that yet?

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's shaping up beautifully, Mad Texan. Nice!

What's your plan on a mattress for the rack (not your standard size):

- Just a camping pad and a bag?

Have you had time to think about that yet?
The plan is a futon mattress to double as seating (couch). I actually shopped them for size as I initially was doing my design. I found one I want, but you got to love this, to buy it I have to get a prescription from a doctor because it's chemical free. 🤦‍♂️ Yep, that's a law... 🤷‍♂️aua:shrugs:

Another Ahab

The plan is a futon mattress to double as seating (couch). I actually shopped them for size as I initially was doing my design. I found one I want, but you got to love this, to buy it I have to get a prescription from a doctor because it's chemical free. 🤦‍♂️ Yep, that's a law... 🤷‍♂️aua:shrugs:
What you need is a just a Rock-N-Roll Doctor:

- Doctor of Heart and Dcotor of Mind

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got the 3/4” Baltic birch plywood for my table and fridge sliders. Doing a dry run before applying finish to them. I ended up with plenty of clearance between the table and the fridge. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That little "pony" refrigerator is a great item:

- How did you find that?
They are very common in the Overland community. They are very energy efficient and will run on either AC or DC current, should pull a max of 2.6 amps on 24v. This one even has a freezer section which I have successfully made ice in. Dometic, ARB, Engle, Indel B, National Luna are a few of the manufactures of them.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back to some more finishing on the panels for table and fridge. I really like how this Waterlox lays down, two coats, scuff it, lay down the third coat then wait a few minutes and smooth it out. All with a foam brush. All slides from ovisonline.com, good prices, great service and support! There’s a lot going on in the back corner... 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the blue poly jugs your water supply, Mad Texan?

Got them on a pump of any kind?
They basically are... one fresh and one grey waste. Those same jugs also fit in the passenger side storage area as well to carry more fresh water. I have purchased a hand pump faucet but I am also looking at a 24v electric pump that would be controlled by a switch on the faucet. I just haven't made a final decision on that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks