• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another m1028 restoration start

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good.

I know how much work this stuff takes....it is fun to a point!! :mrgreen:

Keep healthy and keep up the good work.

David

caladin

More pictures, Epoxy primerd truck cab today. Yesterday I worked on the engine compartment . Also epoxy primered doors,fenders & hood although I didn't Take picture of them , There is Thursday to get some pictures. It has been slow going with the weather here in Ohio and some health problem slowing me down. Hope to get things moving a little bit faster now. Hoping to paint the cab jams & door jams and hinges and the inside of the fender green Thursday.
Awesome pics of the engine. I would love to have the right equipment to clean up my engine area like that! Great job on the restore.

chupa

I can attest to the quality, for I purchased my M1028 from CPAPPY! Its my daily driver. I'll post photos of it if I ever learn how. I have since added new fiberglass troop seats and top bows, four antenna brackets, convoy light, tank-headlights, siren, red MP light, sliding rear window, jerry can, pioneer tools, satellite radio, USAF stencils, receiver hitch, etc.

CPAPPY

More pictures .

Today I was able to PPG 2K prime parts, Paint the interdoor and jams of cab,inside fenders paint some bolts ,door hinges . And reprimer bed, it will be ready to paint Friday I am not sure the weather is going to hold out . I will have to say this is the first time I have use waterborn paint, IT is the best paint to use if you are going to paint you POV. It goes on so smooth and cleanup is the best part with water , I am using Sherwin William CARC Waterborne.I will never use anything but that from here on out.

Attachments

Novice1

In the beginning of this thread you indicated you were going to offer it for sale. Would you tell me what range your asking price would be in?
Most impressive, great work, exactly as it should be done. Thanks for sharing this build and the pictures.

Novice1

In the beginning of this thread you indicated you were going to offer it for sale. Would you tell me what range you think asking price would be in?
Most impressive, great work, exactly as it should be done. Thanks for sharing this build and the pictures. :beer:

CPAPPY

Thank's for the compliment . SHERWIN WILLIAMS Waterorne Polyuerthane Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC ) Paint TYPE 2 MIL=DTL-64159

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks