• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another not starting post.

Al Harvey

Okay so it is a fuel issue. Did you crack the lines at the injectors? That will tell you if your getting fuel to the injectors. If nothing there, pull the line off the filter that runs to the injector pump and crank it to see if fuel is coming out. The line runs under the manifold to the injector pump and is a bit of a pain to get to underneath, but you can pull the line off at the filter and put you a small piece of hose on the nipple to see if fuel comes out when your cranking. I know it's frustrating, but check it step by step as the fuel is suppose to go to see where the fuel is making it to.

Al Harvey

I believe there should be more then a drip, but honestly I haven't had to crack on a 6.2 yet. Hopefully someone who has done it can chime in shortly.

Hasdrubal

A drip is not sufficient, it should spray onto the inner fenders. When I bleed the injectors I put a piece of cardboard on each inner fender. this allows you to see the spray pattern better and you don't have to clean it all up later. Only after you have a good spray out or the injectors, should you tighten them. Have you pulled the glow plugs? Makes it easier on starter and batteries. It might take more than 5 10-15 second crank cycles to purge air from the injector lines and see fuel.

cucvrus

Sir you need to loosen the cap on the nozzles. It is a 19mm/3/4" wrench. Just crack them open a bit no need to take them off. Crank the engine until the nozzle caps appear wet. Tighten them back up and attempt to fire it up. I have run a few out of fuel I usually just crank them 30 seconds wait a bit and crank them gain. They start But that is on one i know runs. I take it you never heard this unit run before? You can take the glow plugs out toi make it crank over easier and get the fuel up quicker. Check all the glow plugs before you reinstall them.

richingalveston

When you take the glow plugs out, it removes the compression from the engine. Making it easier on the starter and batteries.
It will also allow you to test for compression in each cylinder. Just a finger test to see that the cylinder has some compression.
You can test with a compression test gauge through the glow plug for an accurate test, but without the gauge you can determine the piston is moving and the valves are operating by holding your finger over the glow plug hole.

Hasdrubal

Have you determined that power goes to the IP shut off solenoid when key is turned on? Does the solenoid function and is it connected while you're trying to bleed lines Its usually disconnected when bleeding low pressure side to fuel filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks