• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another not starting post.

richingalveston

yes, there is a metal line that runs up the engine and over to the filter, another metal line leaves the filter and runs under the manifold to the center connection of the IP. If you look under the manifold you see where the injector lines come out of the IP. The center one is the input from the filter. It is hard to reach to check it, but find where that line meets the filter and check to see if fuel is getting to that point.

txhunter27

Okay I connected my Machanical fuel pump to a water bottle full of diesel with the output end opened so it wouldn't go to the engine.. I cranked it for 10 seconds twice and had nothing come out of the outward end so I think I found my problem. I have one ordered for one day shipping with amazon and should be here friday. Any pointers on priming it after I get it installed?

richingalveston

Just open it at the fuel filter using the bleeder screw and it will prime itself. The hardest part is replacing it. There is a metal plunger that rides the cam between the pump arm and cam. when you take the pump off it will probably fall out. If it does not, check to make sure it is in there. solid piece of metal about 1/2 diameter and 2.5 inches long. when installing the new pump use some grease to hold it in while you put the pump on. Connect the output of the pump before trying to mount the pump. You have to depress the plunger while installing the bolts so it can be difficult.

It is not hard to take the tire off and inner fender (fender if you do not have rust issues). This makes things much easier but it can be done without doing this. Also a board under the oil pan with a jack to lift the motor just a little bit can help.

Hasdrubal

Mine have always fallen out, you'll have to check that its not broken. You should be able to bump the starter (disconnect IP power) or turn the motor over by hand, with a bar on the front pulley bolts. Once the cam lobe pushes it out a bit, pull it out and inspect it.

richingalveston

Mine have always fallen out. I have heard of them breaking before and getting stuck. Disconnect IP power wire and turn it over. It should fall out or push out enough to get ahold of it.

not sure what the options are if it is broken and stuck.

Hasdrubal

I have read somewhere that it only falls out when you take that other plate off.
Actually, it doesn't exactly fall completely out, but drops down into the recess and gets jammed in there. Requiring you to remove that plate to remove and re-insert. Hence the grease on the end trick which buys you some time to get it all bolted up.

I've also never had to depress the plunger. As for access, I've always done it from the top, leaning over the fender.

It took mine two 15 second cranks. The TM recommended cranking for 15 seconds then waiting one min to let the starter cool. I had fuel in my hose about 5 seconds into the second 15 second crank.

txhunter27

Yes. I now have it hooked up to a gallon jug of diesel. I got the electric pump on and I have fuel to the filter assembly but seems like it's not getting to the ip

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks