• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another not starting post.

txhunter27

Okay I haven't been able to update in a while. I put a different electric fuel pump on the truck and replaced all the lines. I bled the system, replaced glow plugs while I was at it and it fired right up. It doesn't sound too good running but I'm not sure what it's supposed to sound like. It sounds about like a bunch of people with hammers beating my motor. Now I need to put diff fluid, power steering, brake fluid and t case fluid. As of right now the truck won't move I'm any gear but that may be because it is low on transmission fluid

CUCVLOVER

Do you have an engine stethoscope? It looks like a regular stethoscope that a Dr uses but instead it has a long metal probe instead of the cup.
If you had one you could check individual spots to find exactly where the noise is coming from be it the head, block, injection pump imploding.
Might help might not just figured I toss it out there.

CUCVLOVER

A rebuild is like an engine rebuild. Just smaller.
You take off the heads pull the glow plugs, injectors, valves, valve springs, the whole nine yards. Then you can have the heads magnafluxed for cracks, faced and valve seats ground and polished, either replace all the valves or have the ground if you wish, and you can replace basically anything that you want or needs to be replaced in the valve train.
Or you can take to a head shop and say make it work as it should and they will.

I'm guessing you have some experience with engines?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks