• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

Torres70380

Hey Fred---
It was a "little" work....... but we got her loaded!!!![thumbzup]

I have a few pics to send you-- sorry not sooner-- been outtatown!

Let us know when it shows up!!!:jumpin:
I'll make it up to you! Hope you Enjoyed the weekend off?

I will make sure I pass it along when it arrives.... when I spoke to the driver.. he was going to Vegas for a wedding.. I offered him ... if he needed an extra day that was fine, But in return I wanted a picture of an Elvis impersonator and some Show Girls !

Torres70380

:D Gents ! The Deuce has Landed ! :D

Tan Bobbed 100dollarman Deuce arrived home to me in Louisiana.
I could not be any happier! Hundy is the Man !

I will have to make this quick... I would like to say A VERY BIG THANK YOU!
To: 100dollarman for the Truck, to the several members of Steel Soldiers I have spoken to, and as a whole all the other members on Steel Soldiers.. I have read lots of post.. and am learning to use the search function... !
I will have more post to come with other topics and things that I will or would like to do to my new Deuce.... Not saying Hundy does not put out a fine machine.. but with everything 40+ years old... things need to be updated.

All I can say...It's Like eating an elephant... Just got to start.. One bite at a time!

Attachments

100dollarman

:D Gents ! The Deuce has Landed ! :D

Tan Bobbed 100dollarman Deuce arrived home to me in Louisiana.
I could not be any happier! Hundy is the Man !

I will have to make this quick... I would like to say A VERY BIG THANK YOU!
To: 100dollarman for the Truck, to the several members of Steel Soldiers I have spoken to, and as a whole all the other members on Steel Soldiers.. I have read lots of post.. and am learning to use the search function... !
I will have more post to come with other topics and things that I will or would like to do to my new Deuce.... Not saying Hundy does not put out a fine machine.. but with everything 40+ years old... things need to be updated.

All I can say...It's Like eating an elephant... Just got to start.. One bite at a time!
Thank you, Fred! Enjoy the new toy!!!!:beer:

100dollarman

I thought it was tan...

What is your paint process. Mask everything and go nuts?

Do you do the interior as well?

It always turns out so nice which is why I ask.

I didnt have enough tan in stock, so we went green!

We Super Clean and pressure wash everything, then scrap off the big flakes, hit any rusty spots with Rustoleum, mask off the windows and lights, and SHOOT IT!!! We call our paint jobs "quick n dirty" (which they are), but it really cleans up a old military truck. We dont try to get things too perfect, because some of these trucks have several layers of paint--some of which is brushed on often times.

I like how they come out----- time will tell how the paint job holds up.

We usually hit the jambs and inside the doors-- sometimes we'll do a dash if it really needs it. Usually not the floors- just depends...

Here are a few shots of the process---

Attachments

Bighurt

Thanks Hundy.

Should call your first trucks owners and see how the paint has held up. I was planning on doing something similar. Although I plan to use bed liner for the floor and beds...

Thanks for the pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks