• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody used Ace Rust Stop paint on their MV

lavarok

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't used Evapo-Rust, but I have used Rodda's rust converting primer and it is just amazing. All you have to do is remove the scale and loose paint. I do that by pressure washing at 4000 PSI. Then spread the stuff on and it converts the rust to a black phospate finish. It takes days out of refinishing time. I was always a sandblast to white metal kind of guy not am thankfully done with that now.

Andercomm

I see Home Depot sells this stuff locally, in 1/2 G, 1 G, and 5 G bottle sizes..

I haven't used Evapo-Rust, but I have used Rodda's rust converting primer and it is just amazing. All you have to do is remove the scale and loose paint. I do that by pressure washing at 4000 PSI. Then spread the stuff on and it converts the rust to a black phospate finish. It takes days out of refinishing time. I was always a sandblast to white metal kind of guy not am thankfully done with that now.

emr

POR you will find will peel eventually in areas that oil has penetrated the metal,I stopped using it years ago because of this, Rustolium rusty metal primer and top coat are an oil base, so it is just fine with a little imperfections when oil and grease stains may be prevalent.

Dukeboy

I've used multiple paint over rust paints in the past and have settled on Rust Bullet as my favorite. They have a UV stable version. The black shell is very durable, It does dry to a glossy mirror like coating however. There are other places online, but I've been ordering it through summit racing lately.