• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arkansas MV Registration

Welder Sam

I know you all are talking about big boys, but I have a question about an M1009. Did I read where you can't tow a trailer with antique tags? Is that for commerce or in general? Could I tow my boat or camper with an antique tag?
The antique tag restricts your hauling to 1k# max and no towing at all. I dont pay it any attention tho. I just do as i please under the beg forgiveness statute

dc9137

The antique tag restricts your hauling to 1k# max and no towing at all. I dont pay it any attention tho. I just do as i please under the beg forgiveness statute
Yah...I definitely subscribe to the better to ask forgiveness that permission sometimes. Ever been pulled over for it? I wonder what the penalty would be.

Welder Sam

The only time ive been pulled over was because a corrupt highway police guy "wanted to look at my fuel". I jumped thru his hoops till he was done. Then i gave him a case of redass in front of a local cop about him doing locals favors. Im not a nice person sometimes. Around here, badges are simply a license to harass. Thats all the detail ill go into. Needless to say, i wont be harassed by this guy again. He wont look my direction now.

A previous poster said the misuse of tags was $100 fine.

saddamsnightmare

November 5th, 2012.

Hate to rain on your parade boys....

But if you are exceeding either the weight hauled or total mileage restrictions on your vehicle's registration and insurance, and you get into a wreck.... Your insurance company won't cover you, and you are liable to lose your house and a great deal of your property, plus garnishment of your future wages. You may not like the boys with the badges, but the right badge pulls you over and inspects your registration, I will bet you will either be paying fines or doing time. Under those conditions, I doubt if any of us on here will be anteing up to get you out.

That's the odd thing about advice, wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it...:deadhorse:

Welder Sam

Not asking anyone to bail me out. Having had numerous in depth conversations with the insurance man, im in no way concerned about not being covered. No mileage restrictions on arkansas antique tags. If your going to do as you please, you have to know what you risk. $100 fine is... just a bump in the road so to speak.

ARYankee

What was stated earlier about the no towing is not correct. It doesn't mention anything about towing, just hauling. I have attached it so you can read it for your self for reference. I would also suggest that it isn't the best thing to post on an open forum ways you are skirting, abusing, or breaking the law. This hobby doesn't need the bad PR nor do any of those against the hobby need this for ammo to use. I would suggest doing it offline in private or not at all but it's up to you.

limitations.jpg

Welder Sam

Some do what they do without fear while others break the laws and want to hide behind their cowardice. Ie: hauling loads of gravel in a 923 without a cdl with antique tags.

If i recall, the affidavit i had to sign in the office, at the time i purchased my antique tags, specifically said no towing

Last edited:

ARYankee

Some do what they do without fear while others break the laws and want to hide behind their cowardice. Ie: hauling loads of gravel in a 923 without a cdl with antique tags.

If i recall, the affidavit i had to sign in the office, at the time i purchased my antique tags, specifically said no towing
Hmmmmm........................ :tin hat:

Do farm tags count?

jeff house

Hey guys, I am new here. Name is Jeff House. I live just west of cabot. I have 'b' tags on my duece. I was just wondering if there was anybody around my area with dueces so maybe we could go play off road together. I mainly use mine for hauling hay and tractors but sometimes me and daughter load up and go hit some trails. Who is going to toys for tots saturday? May want to take the duece there. Thank you very much.

ARYankee

Welcome to the site!!! It's great to see another Arkansan on here. I'm in the central Arkansas area but at the moment I'm working in Oregon until June/July of next year. I do get to come home here and there. You're more than welcome to come on by later this month when I come home for 2 weeks. I've looked into having a rally at a couple of different off road parks. I know I was looking at the one in Hot Springs or the one in Missouri. Usually during the winter there aren't too many events happening. There is a cool convoy that will happen in the spring.

I usually go to toys for tots with a loaded deuce, at least I have for the past 2 years. I had planned on filling up the 5 ton this year but I ended up taking this temp job that has me stuck in Oregon during the toys for tots campaign. You should go. It is really cool watching everyone roll up to drop toys off.

jeff house

i have an aunt that lives in Portland. I usually go to toys for tots everyyear on the harley. Just thought it would be cool to do it in the duece. I have raced my dirt bike at superlift in hot springs. A ride there would be fun. I have some powerlines around here that i play in every once and a while. My duece is all original. M35a2. i have taken the bed off and put a gooseneck ball on the back for pulling hay trailers. Cab heater. Everything works. Hard top. I have wired it up for trailer brakes and lights. All 12 volts. 24 volt solar charger. Repainted it tan. I love this truck. I hope when you get in we can get together and hang out. I am going to vegas on jan 1 thru 5 but am normally around any other time. Really looking for other people to go wheeling with.

Welder Sam

Ha! Nah.. you're further around. I dogged off at 107 and again at otto rd. Gimme a buzz. We'll see what about getting the old rigs together tomorrow or something

ARYankee

i have an aunt that lives in Portland. I usually go to toys for tots everyyear on the harley. Just thought it would be cool to do it in the duece. I have raced my dirt bike at superlift in hot springs. A ride there would be fun. I have some powerlines around here that i play in every once and a while. My duece is all original. M35a2. i have taken the bed off and put a gooseneck ball on the back for pulling hay trailers. Cab heater. Everything works. Hard top. I have wired it up for trailer brakes and lights. All 12 volts. 24 volt solar charger. Repainted it tan. I love this truck. I hope when you get in we can get together and hang out. I am going to vegas on jan 1 thru 5 but am normally around any other time. Really looking for other people to go wheeling with.

I'm going to attempt to hang out with some of our northwest members while I'm here. I plan on making a visit to Stalwart to check out his HEMTT and some of his other MVs. I'm also going to attempt to go up to a really awesome parts guy and see if I can't snag some goodies to bring home when I drive back. I'm up here for a couple of months on a really great paying gig. I will make it home at least 3 more times before I'm back for good, since the company will pay for my flights back. I'll be home on the 18th and then I head back on the 31st so just let me know if you want to hang out.

How is superlift? Do you think that we could have some fun with the bigger MVs there? I would love to take the M923 and possibly the M1009. I don't drive the deuce as much since I got the 923.

ARYankee

Btw....... Keeping on track with this thread. I plan on meeting with Representative Hammer while I'm home for the Christmas Holiday and finding out when the MV bill draft will be brought up to the transportation committee. When I find out, I'll post it here and anyone is welcome to come out to the capitol to support it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks