• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arkansas Tank?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a call yesterday asking if I would be interested in a tank? The guy heard I restored military vehicles and his neighbor wanted a stock trailer he owned and wanted to trade him a army tank for it! He has seen the tank before but knew nothing about it, other than it has tracks. He was going over to look at it sometime this week, I asked him to find the data plate and copy all he could from it. I will update when I hear from him.
James

scooter01922

i second the motion, go get in your truck and go tank hunting. I don't care what it is if its got tracks you need to grab it :) and NOW

outsider

"Tank" Yea right, I wouldn't get to excited about it. I heard of a tank around here. I was told it was complete except it was missing it's turret, so I went out and looked at it....turned out to be a M5A1 High Speed Tractor missing its ring mount. I still bought it, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Steve

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch it - it could be a rotted out half-track, dozer, Weasel. Could be nothing more than a junker civvy tractor with track pads rather than wheels.

Elwenil

Agreed, it could be some other MV other than an actual tank, but then again, how is that a bad thing? What could be bad about finding a tracked MV, regardless of size or model?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, it could be some other MV other than an actual tank, but then again, how is that a bad thing? What could be bad about finding a tracked MV, regardless of size or model?

Paint it OD, put a couple of stars on it, who's gonna know?

ida34

"Tank" Yea right, I wouldn't get to excited about it. I heard of a tank around here. I was told it was complete except it was missing it's turret, so I went out and looked at it....turned out to be a M5A1 High Speed Tractor missing its ring mount. I still bought it, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Steve
Steve,
I saw your posting about the tractor on the G. That is a nice looking HST. I wish I could find something like that cheap on this side of the state.

Chuck

outsider

Chuck
Over the last year I've been letting a lot of people I know know that I'm looking for more MV's and alot of things are starting to shake out of the trees now. There is a lot of stuff here in Michigan, it's just a matter of finding it. lol
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks