• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arkansas Tank?

shootER

Turner surplus has a spare engine - if that is the vehicle in question, the buyer best get the engine fom Turner before it gets scrapped. He may have to do it if he needs the $ and no one buys it.

I'll trade my left er.. DNA source, for it, plus throw in some shootin irons, a pirate radio station complete with everything, all the stray dogs in the neighborhood, and a opossum. But it better be in good shape if I have to give up the opossum.

Some time back (middle of last year?) someone on evilBay was selling an M41/42 engine.

I don't recall if it sold or not...:???:

dburt

Back in about 1944 a friend of my dad lived in central California near St Helena. Two Corsairs crashed during bad weather on a local mountain in a rather remote area. About a week after the Army Air Corp did thier removal of the pilots remains and took whatever else they wanted, this guy and a buddy hiked into the area with some tools and took some plane parts plus the barrel and some of the mechanism to a 20mm cannon. He then hiked back down to his parents home where he lived at the time, and stuck the gun barrel in the rafters of the garage. In about 1995 he went down to see his very old dad, and at my request, he was going to bring back the 20mm gun barrel if it was still there in the rafters. He found out his dad had finally taken the gun barrel down and buried it in the back yard with some other iron junk the year before, so he dug it up and hauled it back up with him and gave it to me. It was a very interesting item, but I gave it to another friend who wanted to make a black powder single shot 4th of July gun out of it. So it ended up somewhere in Montana over 50 years later from where it had originally been "rescued" from the Corsair wreckage. You just never know what you are going to find- often with a really interesting story.

ARYankee

I know I've seen a cool looking tank and howitzer in Walnut Ridge. But I think the town owns them because they are static displays on the square. It would be cool to own a howitzer or tank though.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I hope to at least see the tank eventually, I talked to the neighbor yesterday about the tank owner he said he would call me as soon as the guy got out of jail and that he would need some money when he got out so I may get a deal on the vehicle! Talking about a story?
James

dc3coyote

Rumplecat, is their any word on the tank yet? how much money does this guy want?
Let me know, I got some cash coming my way, what a great way to get rid of it as well.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No info. yet on the Tank, owner is still in prison, I am getting laid off this Friday so when I hear something I will post for someone to go after it.
James

ohnuts

I would go to the jail and visit him:!:

You could maybe work out a deal. Candies, playboys and beef jerky are worth the title to any ride while in jail. The guy might sell to pay his lawyer fees. Go to the jail it may be the cheapest way.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to have the tank but I am going to have to draw a line on my commitment level, also our corporate office stepped in I didn't get laid off so I am still in the hunt.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks