• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington Airshow 2010

jhigh

For those of you in the Northwest who might be interested in coming to the Arlington airshow July 5th-11th
Please consider this an open invitation. If you have never been, this is really fun time. Last year we had 103 vehicles, 11 large weapon and equipment displays and 21 warbirds. It is open to the general public from Wed – Sun but we start the setup on Monday the 5th. I will attach the list of events (subject to additions) that have already been committed. Check out the web site for more info Arlington Fly-In and Sport Aviation Convention

Or contact me @ jhigh1313@yahoo.com

We hope to see you there.

Calendar 2010
Camp Adams at Arlington Fly-in
July 5 (Monday)
Military history Coordinator on site
Early arrivals welcome after 1200 hours

July 6 (Tuesday)
Early vehicle arrivals

July 7 (Wednesday)
Fly-in opens to public
Vehicles, aircraft, displays arrive
Evening War movies

July 8 (Thursday)
Participants continue to arrive
Evening War movies

July 9 (Friday)
Participants continue to arrive
First pass-in-review parade (late afternoon)
US Marine Corps Tankers Assoc. Convention members arrive
Tracked vehicle demonstrations
Evening War movies

July 10 (Saturday)
Second pass-in-review parade (late afternoon)
Tracked vehicle demonstrations

July 11 (Sunday)
Third pass-in-review parade (noon)
Break Camp 3 pm

Attachments

Stalwart

So Cougar, you want to be with 8-10 MV's for a day or two or do you want to be with 120+ for 5-6 days? We have a 60-80 vehicle convoy around the airport taxiways 3 days in a row . . .

This is the one event that we don't ever want to miss, it just keeps getting better and better every year! That is my Scorpion Tank above beside my wife's Gama Goat, now owned by another member.

Last year we had a BLAST!

Jeff, we will be bringing the HEMTT, Scorpion and the Fox for sure, we will try to get some primer, at least, on the V100 so it can also attend. We don't want bare metal in case it does a Sunday on us. :wink:

Stuart & Jane

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to be coming through on my VA tour the week before. If I didn't have to be in Topeka by the 10th I'd stick around for it. Maybe next year.

Sparkie

I will be there for sure with my "Quarter Pounder" (M151) and a all NEW Vietnam Jeep and Tent Display. Had the best time ever last year and his will always be on the calander for me.:driver:

jhigh

Feb update:

February 4, 2010 Report

The Pacific Growler, B-25 again confirms its plan to park adjoining Camp Adams.

Captain Snyder, commander of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) group that assists during the Arlington Fly-in has confirmed the organization’s full cooperation and assistance as needed within Camp Adams.

The Tributettes, a singing trio that brings back the WWII era of the Andrew Sisters has confirmed their plan to entertain the Camp Adams troops both Thursday and Friday evenings.

The Arlington Fly-in Board of Directors met for their quarterly meeting. Considerable praise was given to the military vehicle participants at the 2009 event. The Board was pleased with the formation of the Military Corps to coordinate a growing relationship between the military history groups and the Fly-in. Board members assured the Corps that sufficient space will be made available as required for the anticipated growth of the Camp Adams area.

Owners of Vietnam era vehicles and displays may request to be located with the Vietnam featured area along Highway One. Chris Brown plans to upgrade one of his trucks to be a Vietnam Gun Truck mounting the High’s quad 50.

jhigh

I received confirmation today that we will have in addition to our normal armor presents a T34/85, 88mm Flak gun and one other WWII piece of armor (German) at the show doing mobility demos and blank firing the guns. This will be a first in the Northwest and will add to an annually growing show. We are now expecting 110 + vehicles. See the show add in supply line and Military vehicles magazine for more info.

jhigh

North Pacific Military Corps
NOW HEAR THIS!
March 1, 2010 Report

We have confirmed we will have a fully operational WWII Soviet T34 tank as well as one other new tank for Camp Adams. Those tanks should arrive at the Arlington Fly-in on Thursday afternoon and remain through Sunday. The tanks will demonstrate operations and conduct blank round firing. Also, we are confirmed for one or more WWII German 88 flack guns. They too will demonstrate blank firing.

Two or three WWII heavy iron warbirds are slated to do a fly-over on Saturday about noon. We understand that the Grumman Tracker (S2 ASW) will return this year for display. We have a DC version of the WWII Army C47 scheduled.

Our first work party to set up the large tents and ground mark the roads will be Saturday July 3. We plan a sand bag filling activity during the month of June. Many sandbags will be used to add character to Camp Adams.

Don’t forget that the National Convention members of the USMC Tankers Association meeting in Seattle will spend Friday with us at Camp Adams. The Evergreen Military Vehicle Club will host the nearly 100 USMC members and spouses. The USMC silent drill team will perform on Friday.

Those wanting to be positioned in the Vietnam focus area should inform us well in advance describing your equipment so we can allot adequate space. A M45 Quad 50 was hoisted yesterday onto a 2.5 ton truck to become a Vietnam gun truck for display this year.

Stalwart

Elk, you won't regret either event. The guys that go to the convoy are a great and friendly bunch. The Airshow is beyond cool, once you go, I doubt you'll miss another one. My wife and I start looking forward to the next one while we unpack from the one we've just been to. You could bring a good book but I doubt you'll ever pick it up, too much going on and nice people to chat with. The great part is if there is someone you take a dislike to, me for instance, it is so big you can keep yourself completely entertained elsewhere.

We are comig to all events! I don't dislike anyone! You guys are a great bunch and I and my wife are looking forward to meeting each and everyone of you! Sounds like a lot of fun and great times. Thanks so much! elk PS: It's going to be time to get out of "Dodge"! aka "Montana"

srodocker

hey elk since im dropping my deuce off there most likley for the 4 days and then taking it home on a saturday you can take mine on the parades that i belieave there going to do daily around the airport if you would like :)

Hey srodocker! Thanks for the offer. Just might take you up on that, it sounds like fun! By the way you have a nice looking truck. Sounds like you guys are going to have fun at the mini-ralley. Can't make that one but definitely the other one in July and the airshow.The boat in the pictures from yesterday is a friends boat and is a Duckworth with a Corvette engine in it. Fishing was good and temp got up to 64 degrees.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks