• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like to look at both sides so I will be prepared for good news or bad.
Gives me time to think about it.
And to be looking for other iron to replace it with.
If it's his will for me not to have it then so be it.
But I don't think that would be the case getting my in less than 90 days when it's been taking 6 months or more.
Surely he would have not made that possible.
God has always let me have what I needed to be happy.
So I will bend to whatever his will, will be.

dwelch

I find it extremely unlikely the gov is going to come after the 250 trucks sold so far. I checked FLIS last night and it sure looks as though this might have something to do with the RECAP program. I ran several NSNs for most HEMTT and PLS and what I found seems to point to just the RECAP affected units. So far only HEMTT a0,a1,a2,a3 and PLS a0 are included.HEMTT a4 and PLS a1 (the newest models that are the end product of RECAP)have not changed. LVS(mk48) and HET have not either. If this were a national security issue I would assume all these would be off limits to the public. Oshkosh was awarded a new RECAP in march 2016 for over 1000 units of HEMTT and PLS. It would make sense the gov would not want these sold as surplus when there is an active rebuild program.(just my speculation)...

Im going to try to get in touch with someone at DLA and see if I can find out anymore tomorrow..Ill let you know if I hear anything..Looks as though if you were lucky enough to get one these trucks its value will be considerably increased in the future if this is the case..(I can't believe any were released in the first place with an active RECAP program running)..Tax dollars at work..LOL

HASSON1911

So if people parted a hemtt out and they recall would you have to supply the names of all the people who bought parts or are they gonna be happy with a rolling chassis?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I've been out a few days will try to see what I can find out throughout the day and will update later. Currently nobody else in the office kind of dark and lonely in here...

DrillerSurplus

I received an email yesterday from GP's EUC team that the EUC we submitted in February for an MK48 would not be approved-I had wondered what was going on since our EUC's have typically cleared pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what the DLA will think of what this one has morphed into if it does actually come to to turning them back in- our customer has probably spent >$150,000 on modifications.

HEMTT with drill rig..jpg

What I recall from GL status changes is that buyers who already have possession would get reimbursed for freight costs incurred, perhaps JWade can clarify what expenses might/might not be reimbursed.

infidel got me

Wow, this is going to hurt a lot of people in the wallet if it turns into a true recall. I feel bad for everyone that has put any time/money into these trucks. Bum deal!

dwelch

Last I checked the front power unit was still Q6..Maybe they have not changed it yet..???
Nobody I checked with so far at DLA seems to know anything, but I have just started on the list of contacts..
Im surprised gov planet has not released a statement...

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My bad I thought I was looking at today's auction results.
I need new glasses and training how to use that dang site lol.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry they blended today's sells with past sells and I didn't notice the date.
Until I went back and looked more carefully.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks