• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction date changes, MK48 and Hemtt recall

gottaluvit

While I agree with your statement the EUC we all signed clearly states the reselling or transferring property is the responsibility of the original buyer to disclose all laws and regulations associated to the vehicle's EUC. Should they still buy the vehicle they assume all risk associated with the EUC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
All will be ok as long as it stays legal to buy the camo netting with the wire to confuse radar.

HASSON1911

So what's the skinny on return condition....say just a rolling chassis.

Because I looked up the rebuild contract and it states that all it needs to go through the process, actually a video of it online.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so what about 2nd or 3rd down the line purchases? I mean people who bought from private individuals and never signed any purchase contracts or EUCs. That could cost GP or the Feds some money or they just say "Keep it, enjoy." Yep, this is going to get interesting.
My understanding is they'll return the auction selling price, but not the final purchaser's buying price.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Hopefully just a non binding "request" as seems to be the opinion/hope of many on here....

jjb

So what's the skinny on return condition....say just a rolling chassis.

Because I looked up the rebuild contract and it states that all it needs to go through the process, actually a video of it online.

Do you have the video link?

If they come for mine it will be a frame on blocks.

I wish GovPlanet would communicate better about this situation. Even if only to say they are still awaiting details from the DLA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HASSON1911

I wish GovPlanet would communicate better about this situation. Even if only to say they are still awaiting details from the DLA.

I am unable to find it though it referenced the previous R3 program oshkosh had for the military. I remember it in great detail as it showed the build process time lapse through the assembly line. Those requirements were a rolling chassis, with power train and crane.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor

Consider this us saying we are still waiting to hear more. Other than when we were told to pull them we have heard little else.

jjb

Consider this us saying we are still waiting to hear more. Other than when we were told to pull them we have heard little else.

Thanks. You do a great job helping us out and its very much appreciated by many. I know its not part of your job responsibility (at least I don't think so).

What about people who aren't on SS? I think GP should be better communicating at the very least with anyone who has purchased one of these vehicles. Especially the ones still not picked up.

I hear what your saying that the DLA is not telling GP anything else at this point but at least a once a month or once a week update on the site so we know whats going on.

I guess I am just frustrated that we are in limbo not knowing. I want to do some work to my truck but don't want to put time and money into it if I may lose it all.

HASSON1911

Thanks. You do a great job helping us out and its very much appreciated by many. I know its not part of your job responsibility (at least I don't think so).

What about people who aren't on SS? I think GP should be better communicating at the very least with anyone who has purchased one of these vehicles. Especially the ones still not picked up.

I hear what your saying that the DLA is not telling GP anything else at this point but at least a once a month or once a week update on the site so we know whats going on.

I guess I am just frustrated that we are in limbo not knowing. I want to do some work to my truck but don't want to put time and money into it if I may lose it all.
I too would like to restate the thanks to jwade for all his help.

Honestly I don't blame GP or IP, I blame the govt and their archaic system of handling this. Though they will take over 6 months to get an answer to us, if we need to return these they'll expect them back ASAP, and 6 months will not be acceptable in their eyes. And quite frankly that type of hypocrisy rubes me very wrong.

To end on a positive note thanks again jwade and all you do.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe they will come for trucks sold Oshkosh needs 1,800 trucks to fulfill their contact.
They should have that

Gunzy

You have my interest. I have heard directly from 2 individuals that were declined pick up of trucks they won, paid for, cleared EUC and had release papers. One was on an M985 HEMTT and the other was on a MK48 FPU. Any other buyers experience this?

Gunzy

So what's the story concerning the trucks not being released to owners that won bids, got EUCs cleared and have release papers? I have spoken to 2.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
If you have picked it up they may request it back. If it hasn't been picked up at this point you won't get it. We will issue a full refund.

86m1028

Day late & a dollar short !!

Bet it will be like the 1101 & 1102's a few years back.
Except with these they will just refund your money
(no interest on the money they have had for the last 6 months)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks