• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo - I bit the bullet

jag7720

Well, after being ripped off trying to buy a used banks system and then looking for another one... I started to add up all the different pieces that are usually missing from a used system and I decided that the best option would be to buy new.

So, I bit the bullet and picked up a new Banks system last Friday. They have been having a sale and I took advantage.

$2100 shipped. I tried to get them to come down but that was a no-go. He said that he could take off shipping ($204) if I lived in CA but then he would have to add 9% sales tax on ($190).

As they don't "stock" that system anymore, they have to make one up. It should be here in about 10 days and I wall start my install.

I know there are a few installs journaled but I am going to try to photo mine and post it for others. Especially any "issues" I run into.

Rock_Solid

This might interest you. I was thinking of buying a banks kit, now Ive' seen the kit this guy is putting together. Although he has a built 6.2, im reluctant to build that much turbo for my stock motor. Banks is a good choice for a stock 6.2 setup. Cant wait to see what it does to your setup!

MaxPF's 6.2 build - CK5 Forums

jag7720

Dude... that is WAAAAAYY over my head. I'd love to have all that done but man.. $$ and time I don't have.

Pretty cool.. I'd like to see the finished product.

Rock_Solid

Thats the way i wanted to go. Then I made a cost list, and i abruptly changed my mind :roll:. One day.....one day. Hopefully you are going to post the sidewinder install :-D

southdave

I am I wrong, I used A 6.5 turbo on my 6.2 and it seams alright Cost about 250 bucks for the manifold 300 buck for turbo off of craigs list two days to install Gm8 turbo about the same as what banks has to offer :?:
d

jag7720

Wrong? About what? Probably not.

I looked into doing it that way... I just didn't want to spend the time with the mod. I had read some install threads and it was more than I wanted to tackle.

Something about one of the injectors being too long... then getting a shop to make a decent 3" exhaust... etc...

The banks kit bolts up. I get a warranty, tech support if needed and 150K miles out of the turbo.

juspar

Were did you get it from i am looking at doing the same thing.
After peaceing it all together and then doing the exhaust and all the shipping and or tripps to the juck yard its not worth it.
I did see a hole set up go on ebay for 300 with everything but my euc had not come back yet and i wonted to make sure i hade the truck before i bought parts for it.

Dieselsmoke

I can beat that price on new kits. PM me anyone who's interested. I'll be out of town for a few days but will get back to you when I get back.

jag7720

meh....

I got my parts

Attachments

3dubs

I called Banks and the price was $500 more than I could find online. They would just put in the wastegated turbo from a Ford kit. It spools faster and I can adjust the boost with the wastegate. But if the 6.5 manifold and turbo fit I can just get the manifold and then gat the turbo I want. I also do not want to go with the single exhaust. So the kit comes with stuff I do not even want. Can I just get the Banks manifold and the the part that goes on the intake manifold?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks