• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo - I bit the bullet

jag7720

Ask them about the deal they had earlier this year... $2179 shipped.

They don't sell the 6.2 much anymore so any sale would be gravy... They make it to order essentially.

I'll try to get some pictures in the next few days

skidder

If you guys are looking for other oper. for HP there is a company in Calf. thats makes diesel headers cermic coded inside an out. I herd the difference between a tubro kit an a set of headers is 8-10 HP?? Stans headers in CA. skidder

aebiv

I take it you can't use the standard mil-spec batteries with the kit? Looks like the air intake would be in the way.

As far as the headers go, I'd be curious to find that out as well as I'd rather stay N/A for less complication under the hood in a SHTF situation.

jag7720

I take it you can't use the standard mil-spec batteries with the kit? Looks like the air intake would be in the way.
Well, only the front battery tray needs to change. I live down the road from LMC truck so it was a quick mod. Also the air filter box mounts to the civi battery tray

jag7720

I think so... I love it. It really turned my truck in to a usable tool. A normally aspirated 6.2 is a slug.... at least mine was and only 30k miles.

I have heard other guys state that you can get the same gains by just turning up the IP... I don't buy that. Zero pounds of boost and extra fuel doesn't equal 9-10 pound of boost and extra fuel in my book.

The install is easy... just remember to get that civi battery tray from LMC Truck... and when you need the power, it is there.

As far as the mileage thing, well, I run WVO so I don't really pay that much attention to mileage.

If you have the cash, I say go for it... and a new kit is the only way to go.... all the parts are there and you don't have to fabricate anything.

just my $0.02

southdave

I think so... I love it. It really turned my truck in to a usable tool. A normally aspirated 6.2 is a slug.... at least mine was and only 30k miles.

I have heard other guys state that you can get the same gains by just turning up the IP... I don't buy that. Zero pounds of boost and extra fuel doesn't equal 9-10 pound of boost and extra fuel in my book.

The install is easy... just remember to get that civi battery tray from LMC Truck... and when you need the power, it is there.

As far as the mileage thing, well, I run WVO so I don't really pay that much attention to mileage.

If you have the cash, I say go for it... and a new kit is the only way to go.... all the parts are there and you don't have to fabricate anything. Also how did you run your exhaust? It look like mine is goning to run on the outside of the frame.

just my $0.02
Did the fuel filter housing come with the kit can I get some info on that ? I cobbeled up a kit from 3 different motors I am useing GM3 turbo with a waste gate thanks

Last edited:

southdave

Last edited:

tumas85

Question

So all in all, is it worth the nearly $2500. Because I am thinking of doing the same conversion myself and just wanted a little input. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Stonepicker1

Well, I had to do it after reading all the posts. I went online yesterday and bought a "Banks Sidewinder Turbo System" kit # 25226 for $2,220.95 shipped to South Florida. Should get it around mid-April. Boy will the wife be surprised went it shows up.

I plan on installing it on one of my M1028A2's dually's.

I.m still in Iraq untill July, but will do a before and after 1/4 mile run to see how much I like it. I may even get another kit for my other truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks