• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo - I bit the bullet

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
No it comes across in front of the crossmember to the turbo like yours. The only difference is inside or outside the crossmember. It still passes across in the front under the harmonic balancer.

jag7720

I get it now... it is because of the independent suspension... Call Banks... I bet you can buy just those two pieces.

piece 1 attaches to the mani
piece 2 attaches to the turbo

OR you might be able to cut piece one after the first bend so you just have a 90. Then cut piece 2 approx in front of the oil pan. then have a single 90 made to attach the two together.

If you look at my pics of the boxes you will see how those two pipes are shaped.

jag7720

Look at pic 7... the top pipe is the one that goes from the turbo to about the center or center left of the oil pan... the bottom pipe comes from the mani forward... looks like it has a slight bend and then turns right to connect.

jag7720

So the install is complete and I have to say that it was not complicated nor difficult. I followed the steps, one at a time, and it all went together smoothly.

I think the only hang ups I had were the hose to the CDR being too short, the oil line bracket needed to be shortened, and the mil-spec battery tray needed to be swapped out for a civi unit. oh.. and finding a 1/4" NPT plug extractor.

All in all it was a great experience. I thought I'd be able to write a lot about it but there is really not much more I can say that the instructions don't spell out.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Last edited:

jag7720

I haven't been able to do the 1/4 mile but my 0-60 is now 15 seconds

I have been trying to figure out an IP issue.

Yes, I installed the boost and EGT gauges.

niferous

So where is the place to buy these things? Everywhere I look on the net people are under or just at $2k and I haven't been able to fine one for less than $2200.

jag7720

So where is the place to buy these things? Everywhere I look on the net people are under or just at $2k and I haven't been able to fine one for less than $2200.

PM Dieselsmoke he says he can sell them cheaper...PM and he will give you the price... remember to factor in shipping.

the only thing about not buying from Banks is you don't get Banks support if there is a question or an issue. You have to deal with the guy you bought it from... not knocking that .... i just preferred Banks direct on that big of a purchase.

acesneights1

So from the pics It looked to me like the banks cleared the second alt no problem. I was thinkng about buying just the pass ex manifold rfom them(400$) and fabbing the rest using an f intake off a 6.5 and a Holset hx35 turbo with an ATA IC.

Stonepicker1

Well, after being ripped off trying to buy a used banks system and then looking for another one... I started to add up all the different pieces that are usually missing from a used system and I decided that the best option would be to buy new.

So, I bit the bullet and picked up a new Banks system last Friday. They have been having a sale and I took advantage.

$2100 shipped. I tried to get them to come down but that was a no-go. He said that he could take off shipping ($204) if I lived in CA but then he would have to add 9% sales tax on ($190).

As they don't "stock" that system anymore, they have to make one up. It should be here in about 10 days and I wall start my install.

I know there are a few installs journaled but I am going to try to photo mine and post it for others. Especially any "issues" I run into.
I just got this email from banks :

Hello Phillip,

The Sidewinder Turbo System would run you $2815. delivered to your doorstep in Coconut Creek, FL. If you have any questions or would like to place an order please call me, or submit payment info.

Thank you
st1\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#ieooui)}@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; mso-paper-source: 0; }P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}H2 { FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 18pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-outline-level: 2}P { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}DIV.Section1 { page: Section1}
C R
Power Consultant
:mad:
Looks like i'll be looking elsewhere for a deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks