• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bcvxbcv

yeager1

Wallew,
I'm in Fort Collins, about 1 hour north of central Denver. As far as the 855 Cummins goes, it's not a multi-fuel, but it's a BIG torquey motor and it will out run any multi-fuel any day on power, and will run just fine on pump bio-diesel. If fuel cost is a concern, keep in mind that a duece will get much better mpg due to being almost 10,000lbs lighter. As far as a winch goes, if you do actually want to run off-road, consider it a neccesity- because no one else will be able to pull you out. Also, the ability to run large super-singles is also a big advantage of the 5 tons (which will improve off-road performance and increase top speed). Here is a link to Oshkosh trucks- they are pricy on 5 tons, but it will give you an idea of what a 5 ton on 16-20s looks like.
http://www.oshkoshequipment.com/

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the older od 10 speeds are about the same length, its just a matter of matching up the trans adptor and the input shaft., if im lucky the stock trans adptor will bolt up to the 10 speed, the input shaft is eather the large or small one, changing to the right one is no big deal, then changing over the pto and the working the jack shaft between the trans and the transfer. the change over would take some time but would be worth it . so i can make best use of the power that i have and fix the 3rd to 4th hole at the same time

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
a std. old od 10 speed is fairly short(old big truck stuff)i beleave that it will fit without missing with the transfer though i may have to make a new jack shaft between the trans and the transfer, these trans are not that hard to find ,older road trucks used theses before the 13s, 15, ect. ,dumps used a ud 10speed (under drive) i have underdrive in the transfer

RANDYLBARNES

I spoke with Sgt Neuro from Motor Carrier Safety on 7 of 02 and was told that no CDL is required for our service truck that was orriginally a tractor with a 5th wheel since it was converted to a truck with a service body since it is under 26,000 pounds, even if it does have air brakes and have never had a problem. We are still running a tractor (3rd one since then) that has been converted to this day and have never had a problem at a port or a roadside inspection. Just drive by big in the seat and wave when you go by.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thats what i did when i had the m52, i never once stoped nor was i stoped in the 5 years that i had it, i never waved

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks