• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

mrsuperstition

While talking to the guy I bought my trucks from I told him I was looking for several extra things to go with my trucks.
Later that week when the trucks arrived at my home in Arizona I found this in the back of the 109 and the 105 trailer that he tossed in for me...

1. complete manuals
2. Lug wrench
3. wheel chocks ( 6 pairs )
4. a spare Transmission
5. a spare Transfer case
6. Ladders for the two shoptrucks
7. new windows for the 109 box
8. 5 spare NDT tires ( on rims )
9. new cab soft top for the 109
10. new soft top for the 105 trailer with bows

Good People !!

Last edited:

Milbikes

Found under the seat of my new Air Force crew cab 1988 Chevy V30:

Pack of fishing lures, roll of fishing line, can of chewing tobacco, unopened bottle of water, empty .223 brass. Up under the dash is a BIG long hawk feather. On the passenger side sun visor is a small calendar with a really cute gal on it.......really cute...

Found a few wadded up bunches of insulation made by mr. or mrs. rodent. How can they chew fiberglass???

Found the wing nut for the jack storage clamp, but the jack is gone. There must be a heck of a lot of jacks in pawn shops near bases???

OL AG '89

Last weekend I took mine to the local carshow and found a pair of Hooter girls in it!!!!
I didn't get to keep them, but I do have the twisted memories....LOL

SORRY no pics.... their "handler" was there and she took pics, maybe if I search every Hooters in Houston I will find them. I won't stop till I find them !!!!! LOL

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

Not the best thing but it sure did piss me off when they stung me after starting up the Deuce. A huge 4 inch round wasp nest. Good thing im not alergic to them. 8 stings later I got them back with a big can of raid.

ryan77

Mold, More mold, 5 .22 live bullets, bible, spare tire thats a first, empty dip can, old motorolla pa speaker, 5 miles of excess wire!!!!!!!

K9Vic

I just bought a M1009 and in the auction pictures I could see something was on the antenna bracket, but had no idea what it was. I really did not know what it was, thought maybe a bucket hanging off it. Well when I picked it up it was a strobe light on a folding pole that had a switch right nest to the tail gate. After that I realized what it was in the picture and looking at it again do not know how I missed it not being a strobe. It did not work, but I have a NOS Whelen strobe that I got for $10 at a Army store and will refurbish it to look new.

First picture is the poor quality auction picture, the other are ones I took. The small round light is my magnetic towing tag light.

Attachments

Vhyle

I don't know how many times my M1009 has changed hands, but I know it's been at least twice before I got it.

With that said, mine didn't come with crap. No spare, no jack, nothing. Just some extra Rotella, ATF, a padlock with keys, other mysterious padlock keys, one extra slightly used glow plug (there's some bluing on the element, hence it being slightly used), and some change. It does have two M16 mounts in the back. And two owners ago, someone installed a 12v accessory outlet and terminals for when they had speakers wired in. I removed it because I have no need for it.

wayne pick

Right where my transmission is suposed to be I found that magnetic hole that my ship the USS Nimitz drove into in The Final Countdown movie. It's been periodically sucking money out of my wallet. I wound a few hundred feet if 1/2in copper wire around it like they did in the Philadelphia experiment, but it won't go away.

quickfarms

In the truck in my avatar we found a jack without the handle, triangles, two padlocks without keys, a map of Baghdad, operators manual and service records in the cab. In the bed we found multiple canvas and vinyl covers for, another cover that is 17' long, a new 20'x20' tarp, and a pile of bow corners uprights and the horizontal pieces there was also a spare boarding ladder off of another truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks