• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

OldGoat

I found a thing that looks like a black wrist watch unused, still sealed in plastic. The tag says NSN:6665-01-043-2191
date looks like 11/90
& DT-236/pdr-75 Radiac Detector.

Wrist watch radiation detector?

chief1983

Didn't get mine from GL myself, but it did still have:

Radio mount
Antenna mount
Cabling for antennas and radio power
Rifle mounts
Fire extinguisher mount
That other plastic mount by the 4x4 shifter
Toolbox
Sliding side rear windows
Manual bag with several slightly moldy copies of the -10 (not sure there's a whole copy among them though), the LO, and some documents unrelated to the M1009
Mounted spare
Jack
Jack mounting bracket
Jack handle
Lug wrench

No handle/wrench bracket though :(

OL AG '89

The picture taken at the GL lot shows that I should found a cool Yellow strobe light. However after I finally picked it up, the light was AWOL as well as one of the front tow shackles.....
Still curious how things "disappear" between auction close and pickup!!!!
Anybody ever challenge the GL GAWDS????

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sanding down my ex fire truck C&C 86 K30 dually diesel I found US ARMY CN 0265 FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY on the passenger door and the driver door has a M1009 data tag on the inside. Not a CUCV but was apparently right there with some.

Attachments

blaep4110

Just recently found a bullet hole hiding under the floor mat and insulation rotting in the cab. I'll take a picture and post someday when I pull the rest of the crap out for lining.

armaar15

Found a 1986 penny and 12 gen-u-wine gob't issue ball point pens (inside the dash!) Oh, and a screwdriver still tucked into the rear bumper.

isaacucv

I got a 12 ton bottle jack, a few blank 5.56, a 1/4" extension in the lifter valley, one boot, 2 left handed gloves and 4 big master locks with no keys.

JCKnife

Hypothetically, could there be anything inside a GL vehicle valuable enough that you would feel obligated to return it?

I know like a full-auto M-16 would be illegal to keep but other than that...?

isaacucv

I don't know, when you buy something from GL you buy it "as it". If I found something that was illegal, I may do something about it, but otherwise if its in there its mine. They wouldn't feel bad if the engine failed the first time you drive it.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
.78 cents under the floor matting, a slim jim, a magnetic retriever stuck to the block and 3 different oil leaks. If I ever sell it, its going out the same way.....78 cents included.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks