• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

indy4x4fab

Banned
I was hoping to shame the party into paying for his five ton PTO that several other members would like to have. The BS lines just keep rolling in, I have asked that it just be shipped back and I would pay for the shipping.

To be brutally honest about it, he stood right in front of me, looked me in the eye and lied to me. That is life, he and his partners need not come back to the yard. it might be unfair to declare guilt by association, but that is the way it is.

He had guts enough to ask me to hold things for his partners in crime. Personally, I see no gain in doing that. I generally am a positive person and will change the signature line in a few days.

I am swamped, my biggest problem is postage or shipping. I cannot get to UPS, Fed Ex or the Post Office to get things shipped. I have a lot of parts pulled for several people, getting them delivered is almost impossible for me.

I could make more money selling parts and shipping them than the salary I agreed to work for. I am not complaining, I like my job and I like the contacts that have grown from the job. Things are looking up, we have hired somebody to write checks and do scale tickets. When I get her trained, I should have more free time. Working for a friend is tough, I feel obligated to do my best to make his relatively new business work, on the other hand, it kills me to see the wasted military equipment.

I know several members have stopped by the yard and witnessed the sheer volume of the business. One day, prices will surely drop, but for now, we are just blown away most of the time. A good problem to have.

I really appreciate those who stop by and take a few minutes to talk while we settle up. I try to be fair, more than fair and hope they will come back again.

I will be at the yard most of the day tomorrow, I have a lot if things to move around and if anybody wants to swing by, I would enjoy their company. I realize it is Easter Sunday and certainly do not expect anybody to be in my 'hood bored outta their gourd. :) Glen
Just wanted to let everyone know that the money ($250) and the gal. of free to you hand cleaner is on its way to you and that you should have it on Thursday. Here's the link to http://www.fedex.com/Tracking so everyone on here and see that I did hold up my end of the deal even tho it did take me almost a month to pay for the pto I got from glen, do to reasons I can't disclose at this point in time, but should be able to disclose to anyone how wants to to know why it took me so long to pay glen back, at the summer Haspin rally.

Here's the fedex tracking number 228561515022245 , all you need do is copy and past then click the "track" butten. Now everyone can follow along, scene there are so many members that have left me not the nicest of pm's that I need to pay glen "NOW".

And scene It's become common knowledge that I still owe timothy11 about $300 more dollars for hauling my m818 back to Indy for me, because we had some check cashing issues, at the time because chase didn't have enough cash to cash the check I had at the time of the recovery, and Tim was nice enough to help me out in allowing me to make a couple payments to him, which he will be receiving the last party of his payment on Friday as well. Via fedex, tracking number will be posted for that payment as well scene everyone's so concerned about Tim getting his money, too.

As for my counter parts (the guys how went to KS with me) 212sparky he paid you in full for all of his parts and had cash in hand to buy them from you, and you had no problem with that. As for k5jeremy and his m105a2 hard top trailer he was going to buy from you and that was going to be kept at a safe lot off site of your choosing, until the trailer was paid in full at which time the three of us would come back out with MORE CASH IN HAND, and buy more parts and pick up us prepaid trailer at the same time. NOW I DON'T SPEAK FOR SPARKY but, me and jeremy have this to say to you, you can keep your m105a2 hard top trailer that you had bought to scrap and your parts because we don't need them.

So once and for all I'm so deeply sorry that I was not able to get you payed back sooner, and I'm sorry to all the other members that I some how did them wrong in the fact that they needed to tell me what a lire, and cheat I was for not pay glen back first and taking care of families needs second.

Oh and as far as me getting a vendors account do to the high amount of parts I have been selling. To prevent any other Problems and I would suggest any other members of this site that deal in used parts to the volume that glen and I deal in do so as well to prevent any unneeded problems.

Thank you for being so understanding about this hole matter, have a nice evening.

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Whats funny is that I traded glen a med-duty tow bar with 1" feet for six combat rims off my wife's m810 that did get crushed on accident at his yard before he started working there full time and delivered it to him in trade for a springer seat and an m809s air cleaner. We use to talk on the phone for 30 mins to an hour about mv's and life, about once a month. And his first thought when I had some money problems was I was going to steel from him and not pay him for the pto I picked up.

91W350

I took a lot of abuse over the crushing of the M810, I think it is only fair to state that we only agreed to sell it to Nick. No funds were ever exchanged, the truck was promptly claimed as theirs and a thread created. There was no financial losses to Nick or his wife, I never said anything about "their" truck.

On a brighter note, two of the 923s that arrived yesterday run and drive nice, the four we hauled in today are crusher fodder, they are very rough.

builderboy

Glen-

whatcha doing this weekend?? It's birthday weekend for me and calling for rain here in Emporia. Am I smelling a road trip??? Problem is I haven't got all the parts on my truck yet from the last time I was up your way. And with the weather being wishy washy the last couple of weeks there hasn't been time for anything but work, work, work.

Got any pics of the new arrivals?? Maybe some troop seats? bows? Winches? And list list could go on and on!!:p

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Glen
Have you been able to get my exaust parts and seat out yet. I really need the parts, If you don't have time can someone else drop them off at ups.
Thanks
Mark

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Exaust Parts

Hey Glen
Have you been able to get my exaust parts and seat out yet. I really need the parts, If you don't have time can someone else drop them off at ups.
Thanks
Mark

212sparky

That is life, he and his partners need not come back to the yard. it might be unfair to declare guilt by association, but that is the way it is. :) Glen

Glen,

Did i do some thing to piss you off? I paid for all of my parts my parts. yes i Rode with the other guys but does that make me a bad person as well?

Thanks,
Rob

RealCavDog

I took a lot of abuse over the crushing of the M810, I think it is only fair to state that we only agreed to sell it to Nick. No funds were ever exchanged, the truck was promptly claimed as theirs and a thread created. There was no financial losses to Nick or his wife, I never said anything about "their" truck.

On a brighter note, two of the 923s that arrived yesterday run and drive nice, the four we hauled in today are crusher fodder, they are very rough.

Seems like that as of late, a lot of folks seem to be laying claim, and posting all these "wishful thinking" threads.

Once you purchase, buy, pay for, an item, its yours. Until then, it is a figment of your imagination, or at the very least, a pipe-dream.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pick me up on the way! I can drive the civy vehicle home!
Come on Gimpy, make the trip. I've got a couple of items that need to be picked up. ;-)

If I had the time I'd take the tractor/trailer down there and come back loaded.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you would have gotten back to me on the parts I was asking about. i just completed my road trip I mentioned to you and I even stayed overnight on the way back in Salina!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks