• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR's Cranetruck

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The lack of entry from the passenger side bugged me. But not as bad as that governor!

I think I've got the major things covered now. I'm going to start addressing some of the cosmetic stuff now I think.

Windshield frames
Hard top (not sure if I'll just replace it or what)
patching of the body in places
paint

Then I'll start with upgrades:

Locking hubs
retracting air hose
extra air tanks
heater
Alternator upgrade/12v system
radio (Since it has a muffler!)

Then use that M105 I got from you for a mobile repair trailer (Welder, tools, torches, exc.)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm planning on running to CSI Monday and picking up filters and doing an oil change on it as well.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
See the piece of conduit on the back of the cab in the lashing points for a soft top? It has a notch in one end and is long enough to reach the air tank drain handles. Also, how are the redneck engineered seats holding up?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was wondering about the conduit. The seats are fine. Comfy actually!

Did a little work tonight with it. Loaded up a few tires to take over to twright Friday.

uploadfromtaptalk1428448033336.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I always liked that truck...even thought I could integrate it into my business mix somehow, just never worked out for one reason or another.:-|

I'm glad to see it being used for SOMETHING other than a compound stuffer!:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always liked that truck...even thought I could integrate it into my business mix somehow, just never worked out for one reason or another.:-|

I'm glad to see it being used for SOMETHING other than a compound stuffer!:beer:
Funny story. A friend that used to run a towing company down here (also into green trucks) had a Int'l rollback with a small Hiab behind the cab. If the truck were just a little bigger it would have been great. As it was, it was an awesome truck. Youl could snatch cars right over the wall and tuck them up on the deck. That's the truck that made me fall for k-booms.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The only dislike I have of this crane is the lack of a winch/cable like the SEMTT has. That winch on the SEMTT has made things handy when things are just outside of it's reach. The deuce cranetruck with a winch setup, can pull directly behind the SEMTT, rotate the boom to the front, extend out, and pluck up the spare tire from the davit without a cable/winch. But just barely LOL.

Although the Hiab k-boom is nicer for loading since the crane is centerline of the bed. The SEMTT's crane causes diagonal loading to the rear because of it's offset base.

I kinda have a thing with cranes too.... Wonder if I could work all three cranetrucks/wreckers and lift the M114. (No, I'm not going to do that.)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a beautiful, new in the crate, knuckleboom in the back yard and it does have a winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks