• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bid Collusion, Group Buys, etc

Bushman5000

then dont....

You are saying I should spend 15-20 minutes trying to salvage a thread that has a bunch of crappy posts in it?

Ask the simple question... post the pictures... dont speak of where they came from.

Pretty simple isnt it?
Yeah no kiddin but I don't see why I've got to take the heat because someone else down the line slips up.

-Now 3 cents

54reo

Rules are rules folks. Chris and Mike's rules are justified in protecting the site, themselves and the other members here. When people are trying to help, pay attention as you may be the next guy who needs their help down the road.
VERY well put!!!!

54reo

This place used to be good fun and a great resource. If I can't even ask simple questions like "full kit or random parts", I don't think I'll be coming on here as much. Deleting whole threads because someone says something out of turn is asinine. Seems to me deleting the single offending post would be much more effective.

-My 2 cents
Don't let the door hit 'ya...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kits look complete but we can't see inside the 2 remaining boxes. Inspect and report back!

colomil

PaFarmer, This site could probably use some pro-bono help. Things come up all the time with members getting screwed over by a certain auction entity and some legal help would be welcome.

This site is very nervous about anything dealing with **llusion and will always err to the side of caution. This is a public forum (thus easily used in court against us) so it is best to just delete a thread if there is any doubt.

Your first case could be helping members who had parts stolen from the trucks they recently won but had not yet picked up yet...

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
then dont....

You are saying I should spend 15-20 minutes trying to salvage a thread that has a bunch of crappy posts in it?

Ask the simple question... post the pictures... dont speak of where they came from.

Pretty simple isnt it?

Mike, he did that after the original post was deleted.

I had a thread deleted about an increase in the Federal fuel tax moving through congress, because of a couple of crazy posts.....

mangus580

Mike, he did that after the original post was deleted.

I had a thread deleted about an increase in the Federal fuel tax moving through congress, because of a couple of crazy posts.....
Another reason for dumping a whole thread might just be because it will continue to collect the 'bad' posts.... Ditch the problem at the source...

PaFarmer

I'd be happy to help as I am able. I am licensed in PA if anyone here needs formal help. I had an issues with a certain auction company and understand the frustration some have had. I must say the company addressed my issue pretty quickly after I brought it to their attention. I've commented on some zoning issues, but need to be careful about giving legal advice over the internet. PM me if there are specific concerns. I must say I prefer farm work to arguing, but arguing pays better.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Another reason for dumping a whole thread might just be because it will continue to collect the 'bad' posts.... Ditch the problem at the source...

Roger that,

I will consider all possible unacceptable replies to any future thread I start.

Thanks,
Ed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And as I explained, that thread also had an extremely limited connection to HMV's. As the fuel tax applies to ALL vehicles that use fuel, it is not something that should be considered "Politics pertaining to the MV hobby".

A thread about a Federal Fuel tax that ONLY applies to HMV's? Oh yeah, that's relevant. But not as a thread to complain about the govt. That gets us nowhere. If the thread can actually help members formulate a game plan as to how to effectively defeat a bill we consider detrimental to the hobby, then it can stay. If it's a bunch of crap about how much the govt. sucks, then it's gonna' go.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
And as I explained, that thread also had an extremely limited connection to HMV's. As the fuel tax applies to ALL vehicles that use fuel, it is not something that should be considered "Politics pertaining to the MV hobby".

A thread about a Federal Fuel tax that ONLY applies to HMV's? Oh yeah, that's relevant. But not as a thread to complain about the govt. That gets us nowhere. If the thread can actually help members formulate a game plan as to how to effectively defeat a bill we consider detrimental to the hobby, then it can stay. If it's a bunch of crap about how much the govt. sucks, then it's gonna' go.

Roger that Clinto, I'm done here, I was trying to point out that he cleaned up his intitial post and then asked a couple of questions. And now you attack me for an example of a deleted thread because a couple of people got out of hand with their replies......

My thread was informational about pending legislation, others made it "political", since it's gone now, it's kind of a moot point.

Last edited:

NewWheeler

I don't know anything about collusion other than what I've read on here but from all I've read here I don't know if anyone reached that mark...but I didn't see all of the posts.
I did see the first post though and I had already seen the items in question online. I was very interested in those items and their location was close enough to me that I could have gone and inpected them. I had looked up the NSN and had come to my own conclusion about whether or not it would have been worth the days adventure to drive up there and inspect them.
My first thought when I saw the first post though was....'there goes any chance of getting those at a reasonable price.'

The phrase "whipping a dead horse" means to attempt to revive a moot point or issue. "Whipping a pile of horse bones" means to keep making futile and pointless attempts to revive interest in something that no one has cared about for so long its rotted away into a skeleton of its former self.

AN/ARC186

Just wanted to let you know how serious this can be.
I work on Ft. Lewis in WA. my duties as an electrical inspector also require me to perform the duties of a COR (Contracting Officers Representative). I sign off invoices and authorize funds and materials to be transferred and the like.
about a month ago I got a call from our Contracting Ethics Officer asking me about my SS membership. This is their right since I obligate government funding to private contractors.
Bottom line, we are being watched. Everything I have seen here so far has been above board and the staffs efforts to keep it this way ensure that there's no "monkey business".
Thanks for making this a great(and ethical) site!
Dan

The phrase "whipping a dead horse" means to attempt to revive a moot point or issue. "Whipping a pile of horse bones" means to keep making futile and pointless attempts to revive interest in something that no one has cared about for so long its rotted away into a skeleton of its former self.
:grd::deadhorse::funny: :popcorn:

Last edited:

M725

This place used to be good fun and a great resource. If I can't even ask simple questions like "full kit or random parts", I don't think I'll be coming on here as much. Deleting whole threads because someone says something out of turn is asinine. Seems to me deleting the single offending post would be much more effective.

-My 2 cents
But really, shouldn't you ask the seller that?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just wanted to let you know how serious this can be.
I work on Ft. Lewis in WA. my duties as an electrical inspector also require me to perform the duties of a COR (Contracting Officers Representative). I sign off invoices and authorize funds and materials to be transferred and the like.
about a month ago I got a call from our Contracting Ethics Officer asking me about my SS membership. This is their right since I obligate government funding to private contractors.
Bottom line, we are being watched.
WOW, so unless you told them (ethics officer) you were a member here, they (government) have been monitoring your intenet activity, down to IP addresses, sites visited, and screen names?.... for no other reason other than one of your duties is contracting officer? Wouldn't a warrant be required for something like that?, unless you signed some kind of an a release in conjunction with your job.

Does that make anyone besides me a bit concerned?

Last edited:

mangus580

FMJ... it might be time to put this on....:tin hat:

rofl

Anything you do on a 'company' computer is NEVER safe. No warrant needed.... The 'company' owns the computer...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks