• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bid Collusion, Group Buys, etc

rizzo

Mike, he did that after the original post was deleted.

I had a thread deleted about an increase in the Federal fuel tax moving through congress, because of a couple of crazy posts.....
Another reason for dumping a whole thread might just be because it will continue to collect the 'bad' posts.... Ditch the problem at the source...
these are questions, not the start of an argument:

Isn't that what mods are for?

If not, what is their purpose?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ... it might be time to put this on....:tin hat:

rofl

Anything you do on a 'company' computer is NEVER safe. No warrant needed.... The 'company' owns the computer...
:tin hat:Affixed snuggly with chin strap in place.....

I was refering to his home computer... :p

Michael

This place used to be good fun and a great resource. If I can't even ask simple questions like "full kit or random parts", I don't think I'll be coming on here as much. Deleting whole threads because someone says something out of turn is asinine. Seems to me deleting the single offending post would be much more effective.

-My 2 cents

I am sorry you feel that way. I thought we established that you did nothing wrong. What you probably don't realize is that we have proven without much doubt in my mind that anything at auction discussed on this site has a dramatic effect on the final selling price. For example the M35 with a Cummings engine in it. Perhaps the mods should have deleted the offending posts and locked the thread as soon as it was answered, but you would have been better off with the whole thread deleted and this one locked after the original post.

Mike, is it possible to ask a question and then the original poster delete the whole thread after he has gotten his answer?

Perhaps the mess tent would have been a better place to ask this question. Can you post links to sells or picture there?

Last edited:

Sephirothq

If you had some sort of group buys wouldn't that raise the prices at the auctions? I would bet a few people here would be up for a $500 part, but not 20 $500 parts. It would bring more people to the table, instead of having the dealers buy them all up. I know I can't afford $10,000 plus 10% plus tax plus shipping.

I guess the way to get the most per kit would be to have "Whoever" sell the kits just as one kit.

Tanner

WOW, so unless you told them (ethics officer) you were a member here, they (government) have been monitoring your intenet activity, down to IP addresses, sites visited, and screen names?.... for no other reason other than one of your duties is contracting officer? Wouldn't a warrant be required for something like that?, unless you signed some kind of an a release in conjunction with your job.

Does that make anyone besides me a bit concerned?
If his SS activities are being performed on 'company equipment' over a 'company line', then the 'Company' has the right to monitor activities.

That's why I use 'non-company' equipment/facilities/bandwidth...

'Tanner'

Tanner

FMJ... it might be time to put this on....:tin hat:

rofl

Anything you do on a 'company' computer is NEVER safe. No warrant needed.... The 'company' owns the computer...
Forget the :tin hat:- and the silly cheap aluminum foil substitute...

I've had a Scrambler Chip (tm) implanted in my noggin' - it's WAY less cumbersome & you don't have people pointing at your 'crazy guy hat' -

Get your own Scrambler Chip (tm) today for 3 low payments of $19.95; call 999-555-1212; Operators are standing buy. But don't everybody rush to buy one at the same time; it might look some kind of 'collision'... And I definitely don't recommend Group Buy inquiries -

Oh Crap! Now I have to go back & read through the whole post again - what were we discussing? Nurse? Is the Doctor in?... Now, where DID I leave my medicine?

'T'

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to give you guys an idea of how this site is monitored, a few years back a member made a discovery of a large cache of aluminum troop seats for a stupid low price. Many folks got on board with a group buy and the finding member went back the next week with a fist full of pesos only to find somebody stopped by in a jiffy and bought the whole lot. I am very hesitant to post any good deals until I have already obtained what I want. A painful lesson I learned here. I assure you that there are members here that would buy something out from under you in a new york minute if given the chance, I no longer give the chance. Remember the tan vinyl tops? Went really cheap a few months back. Lots of members just missed getting one or two. Anyone want to make a wager that there were members here buying 10 or more? Be careful what you post and use your PM box.

AN/ARC186

WOW, so unless you told them (ethics officer) you were a member here, they (government) have been monitoring your intenet activity, down to IP addresses, sites visited, and screen names?.... for no other reason other than one of your duties is contracting officer? Wouldn't a warrant be required for something like that?, unless you signed some kind of an a release in conjunction with your job.

Does that make anyone besides me a bit concerned?
Do you really know all the visitors and members on this site daily?do you know what information they are collecting?
Actually, they recognized my avatar,I've had the truck up at work a few times. plus look at the info displayed for my signature. name, location, it aint hard to figure out.I don't care if they snoop, I make sure I don't do anything I'm not supposed to.
and for the record, I wasn't on my "company machine"

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at any of the "fine print" when you first log on to a US GOVT computer/website.. It says you give them the right to monitor you. Dont belive me, go look at LOGSA when you go to look for a TM....

I also 100% agree with Recovery.. If I find a great deal, I'll tell you all about it AFTER I got what I wanted out of it first.. I learned that the hard way at one of my first MV show's...

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Look at any of the "fine print" when you first log on to a US GOVT computer/website.. It says you give them the right to monitor you. Dont belive me, go look at LOGSA when you go to look for a TM....

I also 100% agree with Recovery.. If I find a great deal, I'll tell you all about it AFTER I got what I wanted out of it first.. I learned that the hard way at one of my first MV show's...
Acceptable Use Policy....
Consent to monitoring...
Blah,
Blah,
Blah,

;-)

Michael

Do you really know all the visitors and members on this site daily?do you know what information they are collecting?
Actually, they recognized my avatar,I've had the truck up at work a few times. plus look at the info displayed for my signature. name, location, it aint hard to figure out.I don't care if they snoop, I make sure I don't do anything I'm not supposed to.
and for the record, I wasn't on my "company machine"
Now you have me wondering. Why was the ethics officer on here in the first place? Does he have any interest in MVs? Or is he part of some secret government organization that is going to hunt us all down in our sleep?

Reality check, are you sure you never ever logged on at work to check the latest post on some hot topic or to ask a work related question about some MV at work? Or even mention SS in an email at work?

AN/ARC186

Reality check, are you sure you never ever logged on at work to check the latest post on some hot topic or to ask a work related question about some MV at work? Or even mention SS in an email at work?[/quote]

I you ever worked with government contracts you would know, those of us who do are always under scrutiny,up to and including a declaration of any investments, money from side work, property purchases, ties to ANY companies etc. on a yearly basis, and you can be asked to verify any and all info at any time for any reason.
The position I hold is considered a "Public Trust" position, and unlike quite a few of the wankers on capitol hill, I take my responsibilities seriously.It is my job to ensure any money I obligate is spent IAW all Federal Acquisition Regulations and is of proper value to the government.
You know, so we don't spend $6,000 on a toilet seat.......

To use a government computer for anything other than official business is simply not something I would do. there are regulations against it, not to mention before you are given access you must sign a users agreement. it spells out quite specifically what you can and can't do.

littlebob

I'm learning every day. We really need to think about everyting we put in writing, Whether here or another site. I was very naive and comfortable when I came here and started to feel I was just among friends. You be surprised how many things come up on a search on the internet that lead to this site or another that might be taken out of context. The world can see almost everything you type on the internet.

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks