• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BlizzardX23's M35A2 Deuce!

BlizzardX23

Alright...so I know this is a tease thread that Im creating...since I have no pics or anything...but I'll be purchasing an M35A2 this weekend. Heres the deal:

Im in Northern California, and Im helping my Pop move to southern California..riding with him in his F150...from Sacramento to Calabasas...On the way back, Im picking up the truck...from SoCal...And I'll be driving it back...Its going to be COLD...and I wonder how the Grapevine will be? I think I have to go through it?...hope it doesnt snow...do these trucks have heaters?

Im going to bring a couple changes of clothes, sweater and jacket...maybe my field jacket...or Gortex...Ninja Suit...etc...any other suggestions?

91W350

Some have heaters, it does not make much sense where the heated trucks come from. Mine is sitting in South Dakota without one. Good Luck!

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There will be warm air coming through the holes in the floor.

If you put on a lot of clothes you will overheat.

The biggest problem in a truck without a heater is the lack of defrosting capability....you can't see crap out of fogged up windows. Makes changing lanes in traffic a real adventure.

BlizzardX23

There will be warm air coming through the holes in the floor.

If you put on a lot of clothes you will overheat.

The biggest problem in a truck without a heater is the lack of defrosting capability....you can't see crap out of fogged up windows. Makes changing lanes in traffic a real adventure.

lol...greaaaaat:sad:

BlizzardX23

how would I hook that up? these are 24V sys or 12? I'd have to get a power inverter? but that might be worth it...specially if its snowing through the Grapevine

Clay James

I'm in Northern California too and I've been driving mine without a heater and I stay plenty warm. That engine puts a lot of heat in the cab, with a heater I think it would get too hot.

BlizzardX23

I dont know why I asked if I had to hook it up...that was stupid...I just re-read the PROPANE part!!! LOL..I wasnt paying attention when I read it I guess haha

tm america

cold in ca...that sounds like some kind of joke or something..our summer days are like your winter..better get an ice scrapper...you might need to scrape the rain from your windows...:shock:i think one of those propane heaters would do the job for you to get home if needed.

SMOKEWAGON66

Most people don't have them.
..i have a class A commercial....but i never bothered to ask if its required since i have it...BUT i dont beleive it is...id have to look at the reg book but i think the deuce falls short of the class B weight requirement....and since it dosnt have full airbrakes it might be an exception. ill ask in the DMV when i go pick up my plates in the next week or so.

as for BlizzardX23... GO NOW THE I5 IS OPEN[thumbzup] it should stay open for a while..no snow that i know of coming....i live bout 30 miles east of the I5...i still have snow and ice in my yard but the roads are drying out...wheres ur deuce at? if u need a hand PM me and ill give you my number and ill give yah whatever help i can.

SMOKE...

BlizzardX23

LOL @ all these jokesters... YES...California gets cold! lol...there are places in California that have snow all year long...there was snow in Sacramento a couple months ago...and our cars are covered in ice for the last couple weeks in the morning!

Im getting my truck from Hundy/100dollarman this weekend! :) Thanks for the heads up Smoke, and the offer...I'll definitely shoot you a PM!

Clay, I live in Sacramento...well, actually...almost in Roseville!

hahah...shorts...gimme a break! :roll:

SMOKEWAGON66

LOL @ all these jokesters... YES...California gets cold! lol...there are places in California that have snow all year long...there was snow in Sacramento a couple months ago...and our cars are covered in ice for the last couple weeks in the morning!

Im getting my truck from Hundy/100dollarman this weekend! :) Thanks for the heads up Smoke, and the offer...I'll definitely shoot you a PM!

Clay, I live in Sacramento...well, actually...almost in Roseville!

hahah...shorts...gimme a break! :roll:
100dollarman? he lives out there in Lucerne valley right? seems itd be shorter to hit the 395 north to the 58 and catch the 5 on the other side of bakersfield.....not as steep a climb as the 5...shorter too (i think:confused: ). and if you do go that way you will come right through my town ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks