• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BlizzardX23's M35A2 Deuce!

BlizzardX23

Thanks, its running the Michelin XML (395-85-R20) 46inch tires with an inch of space to spare between the tandems!

I havent really put this truck to the test as the 4x4 park was kinda empty when me and my buddy went (the red Toyota)...and no one there woulda been able to recover me if something had happened...

Got home and a day later, my passenger side last rear tire went flat...a rock made its way between the tire and tube... and rubbed a friction hole into the tube...took it to Les Schawb, and they patched it for $32...drove it home and after a day of sitting, its flat again...so Im going to have them fix it again for free, or get me a free brand new tube and replace it (2moro!!)

Bighurt

I havent really put this truck to the test as the 4x4 park was kinda empty when me and my buddy went (the red Toyota)...and no one there woulda been able to recover me if something had happened...
Not a lot of trucks would be able to recover a stuck M35 anyways... 13k+lbs.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flaps were installed already, tires were $2k
Right, but innertubes come in various sizes like tires. If you still have the 9.00 tubes, you'll be fighting this battle again and again. You'll want to make sure you have at least 11.00 tubes in it. But it'd be better to have a 12.00 or 13.00 tube.

tm america

Not only does the size of the tube matter but you need to have the right type..Those are radials and you need to have radial tubes .. bias tubes will not last long with radial tires no matter what size they are .Trust me i changed all my tubes on flat at a time... Not cuz i wanted to but i found out the hard way:cry:

BlizzardX23

I've found mine to be quite smooth through the entire range..UNTIL I hit potholes on the freeway at about 45...then the truck bounces all over and it has horrible bumpsteer...to be honest, even in the slow lane, I have to keep the truck maxed out at around 60mph or so...not because I'm in a hurry, but because here in Northern California, everyone does 80mph...thats the flow of traffic, in all 4-5 lanes...I'm usually in the far right lane, doing between 55-60

It is a smooth ride though when the road is not rough :) It would sure be nice to hear the tires howl like my old 33's on my little Ranger...but the exhaust is just too **** loud! lol

BlizzardX23

you had one too? lol..thats crazy! Yea, I love how those 33's used to howl as I drove down the freeway....everyone could hear my tires humming as I passed them.

Did you add a muffler? or get it that way? I have been wanting to know the noise level difference between one with, and one without

..what I might end up doing, is a cutout (bypass) right before the muffler...When I wanna go hot rodding and dont care about the noise, open the cutout...and I have people riding with me, close it so only the muffler is working

srodocker

i added the muffler its a dynomax muffler. at low rpm its a HUGE difference. at high rpm its about the same as without. its sweet for idleing as i live in a apartment complex

srodocker

Yea i park it at my complex. its a tight squeeze. takes about a 15 point turn sometimes if a person is parked on each side of me. haha. yea i have a regular car too a 2008 fusion

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks